Contribute
Register

(SOLVED)prohibited sign at setup High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried an USB 2.0 and made it to installation! but now I do have another problem. My disk(Samsung eve 970) is greyed out. And I cannot erase it to Mac OS Journaled. What to do?

Attachments

• IMG_9009.jpeg
    IMG_9009.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9008.jpeg
    IMG_9008.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
I tried an USB 2.0 and made it to installation! but now I do have another problem. My disk(Samsung eve 970) is greyed out. And I cannot erase it to Mac OS Journaled. What to do?
click view and show all devices, then erase the drive

Any particular reason you are going with High Sierra and not Mojave?
Yeah, I heard Nvidia was not really helping with drivers for Mojave. that is the reason why choose for High Sierra even though I have Mojave on my macbook pro

BTW guys: I made my samsung evo 970 not grey anymore(it was on RAW and not really NTFS). But I have the same issue i Cannot erase it to Journaled. Same problem.

Do you get a failure message when trying to erase or is it just grayed out?
see my previous post with the 2 attachments. I get the same error. I wanted to give it another try now, but I'm fighting another random error: Couldn't allocate runtime area. I don't get it, it just worked a few hours ago hmm

In total I have 3 disks in my case: evo 850 ssd(Ubuntu installed here), evo 850 m2(windows) and I’m trying to install HighSierra on my Evo 970 m2

It is getting weirder and weirder. Again I went after my luck and just tried again desperately. Wonders above all I managed to use the disk utility to erase it to MacOS Journaled. And eventually it started copying all the data to my evo 970.
When there were 2 minutes left. The screen froze for a second and it restarted. I understood that I had to boot again through the USB and that I should see the new drive. Unfortunately this is not the case.
My question: why did it fall out when there were 2 minutes left?

if I use verbose, Then I'm stuck at this(see file). Else I'm just going to the installer and it will fail around 75/80 percent.
someone?

Attachments

• runtime.jpeg
    runtime.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 68
You need to use extended journaled, not just journaled.

I think you may be incorrect about booting from the external at that stage you describe. Once you see the new HS icon appear in Clover I think you should choose it as the boot volume from that point. I have found the installation instructions confusing at that point.
I'm not getting that far that the HS icon appears. I now even tried Mojave. Same result. I'm going to share a picture of what exactly happens. My installation gets interrupted as you see and everything restarts when there are 2 minutes left. And the HS icon does not appear

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 19.06.24.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 19.06.24.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 19.06.39.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 19.06.39.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back