I5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I am an absolutely rookie in installing a Hackintosh. I bought all supported hardware and followed the guide.
Unfortunately I'm stuck at the setup. After booting with my usb I managed to get to 3 quarter the setup bar and then the prohibited sign shows up. I Triplechecked my bios settings and made sure I installed the bootable usb without problems.
No Progress at all.

Any tips? I desperately want this to work.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You should attach them to your posts here.

Attachments

• IMG_9002.jpeg
    IMG_9002.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You should attach them to your posts here.
my bad:

Attachments

• IMG_9001.jpeg
    IMG_9001.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8999.jpeg
    IMG_8999.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
Sometimes using a different flash drive will solve that or running it from a USB 2 port instead of a USB 3.0 port. Alternatively, you can build the installer using a USB 2 flash drive in the case where your motherboard is too new to have USB 2 ports. I've run into this problem myself at different times.

Another cause can be choosing the wrong boot volume after the first reboot during the installation process.

I've also run into issues with SSD incompatibility. And I would suggest disconnecting all drives but the one you are installing to until after the installation is complete.
I tried all my USB ports, even the usb 2.0 which I do have. And to answer your other comment: I don't have any spare usb 2.0 flash drive to test it. But I'm busy getting one of those to test it with.
What do you mean with choosing the wrong boot volume? I'm choosing UEFI Sandisk as boot volume. Unfortunately I don't get further than the apple logo loading bar for the installation.

BIOS set to AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back