Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Problem report: System does not fully sleep (MB power stays on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all -

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.2 on my Hackintosh, and pretty much everything is working flawlessly except sleep. Here's what happens:

1) Invoke sleep via Apple menu command
2) Monitor goes blank, after about 5 seconds, the CD-ROM drive audibly recalibrates, fans and motherboard power turn off and the system power indicator blinks.
3) After one second, the system power indicator comes back on solid, and motherboard & fan power is restored. The monitor remains off.
4) The system remains in this state until I tap on the keyboard, and the monitor wakes up, and I log in successfully.

Ideally I'd like the system to TRULY sleep, meaning that the motherboard power & fans turn off, and REMAIN off, until I wake the system.

I've attached what I believe are pertinent files. Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Console Output (sleep filter).pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Hackintosh.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 244
I finally resolved this issue, based on a comment from this thread entitled "[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext" that states: "disabling USB ports that are not used, can have some power saving properties, and can avoid bugs with sleep, restart, or shutdown."

Ultimately, I deleted files associated with increasing the port limit, including "USBInjectAll.kext" and "XHCI-200-series-injector.kext" both located in the L/E folder. I also DISABLED the "change 15 port limit to 26 in 10.13 XHCI kext" entry in the Clover config.plist (using Xcode), rebooted, and voila! Sleep now WORKS precisely as expected; fans stop, CPU cooling pump stops, monitor goes black, and hitting a key on my wireless Logitech USB keyboard wakes the system.

Moral of the story, don't add anything you really don't need when configuring your system. My MB has only 14 USB ports total, so increasing the USB port limit wasn't necessary. I have finally arrived at a Hackintosh that now dramatically exceeds the performance, capabilities and functionality of my old Mac Pro cheese-grater 3,1!

PS - I also do not have ANY darkwake entries in my config.plist, and I have "Enable Power Nap" turned OFF in Settings/Energy Saver. I've a attached a copy of my config.plist for your reference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
FWIW, the solution OP mentioned doesn't make sense.
The custom SSDT is made for USBInjectAll.kext to use so if you delete USBInjectAll.kext, there's no use of that custom SSDT.

thank you so much. my problem was with usbinjectall also. when I removed everything is working perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back