Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
Intel i5 4460 Quad Core
Graphics
Radeon R9 280
So, i recently installed both Mac OS X and Windows in UEFI mode on the same HDD.

Once installed i was able to boot into Windows with ease. No problems whatsoever.

Now just randomly i received a 'grey' screen. I rebooted my PC and then selected the Windows partition but I'm stuck with a grey screen and unable to enter into Windows.

What can be the problem?

If you move the display cable to the iGPU port does the behavior go away?
Double check your power connectors to the GPU - make sure they are making good connection.

If you move the display cable to the iGPU port does the behavior go away?
Double check your power connectors to the GPU - make sure they are making good connection.

Tried both. To me the GPU is working fine.

One thing I've noticed is considering I have an LED backlit keyboard, the keyboard light just shuts off as soon as I've booted into the Windows OS :S.

Can it be something to do with my EFI boot partition? The reason being - when I boot up outside of UEFI mode (Windows Boot Manager (P0: ST2000DX001-1CM164)) in the attached image.. I'm able to enter the OS easily. But when trying to boot from Clover Bootloader I get the above error.

Clover bootloader is at UEFI OS (P0: ST2000DX001-1CM164) - highlighted one in the attached image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 255
In the EFI/Windows/boot folder did you rename the bootmgfw.efi file to bootmgfw-orig.efi?

In the EFI/Windows/boot folder did you rename the bootmgfw.efi file to bootmgfw-orig.efi?

I don't have such a folder. This is what is in my EFI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
Then look in Microsoft->Boot

So i changed the name of bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi which was located in EFI/Microsoft/Boot

Still the same issue when trying to boot into the Windows partition from the bootloader screen

So i changed the name of bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi which was located in EFI/Microsoft/Boot

Still the same issue when trying to boot into the Windows partition from the bootloader screen

So, I erased my HDD and reinstalled both OS's in UEFI mode.

After the installation I did as you mentioned and changed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Upon doing this I was able to enter Clover Bootloader over the default Windows Bootloader but when selecting the Windows OS the above error happens. Anything I can do resolve this?

So, I erased my HDD and reinstalled both OS's in UEFI mode.

After the installation I did as you mentioned and changed bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

Upon doing this I was able to enter Clover Bootloader over the default Windows Bootloader but when selecting the Windows OS the above error happens. Anything I can do resolve this?
There is more than one icon for Windows - did you try them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back