Contribute
Register

[Solved] Please Help :/ - Fresh install-Dell Optiplex7050 i7-7700-cpu kernal panic-High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS EVERYONE - only got one problem left now, my graphics card, have a Intel Graphic 630 and since I needed to set a fake id under my IntelGFX to boot up my High Sierra installation, now, every time I try to fix it I'm stuck in a boot loop, anyone have any tips?

I had to set this boot even boot high sierra installation :/
Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

It's kind of annoying to fix :/, since I need to reinstall high sierra to try again, no boot flags seems to work when I have edited something in clover configuration..
  • For Intel HD 630 Graphics, edit CLOVER /kexts/Other and config.plist and also install in /Library/Extensions the needed kexts for Intel HD 630.

• Open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with Clover Configurator Vibrant and edit :
    • Devices >Fake ID > InteGFX =59128086
    • Graphics [√]Inject Intel ig-platform-id [59120000]
  • Save the edited config.plist and try booting the system disk.
edited to add:

• To test the above troubleshoot, from your CBM screen you can temporarily edit Options >
    • Boot Args : -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeID=0x59128086
      • *-platform-id=0x59120000
  • Return to CBM screen and boot the current System HDD
  • Once on Desktop Check About This Mac>OverView and also System Reports... Hardware> Graphics and Displays> for the effect of temporary editing of Options from CBM screen
  • For permanent fix, edit CLOVER and Library /Extensions as indicated above.

Last edited:
THANKS EVERYONE - only got one problem left now, my graphics card, have a Intel Graphic 630 and since I needed to set a fake id under my IntelGFX to boot up my High Sierra installation, now, every time I try to fix it I'm stuck in a boot loop, anyone have any tips?

I had to set this boot even boot high sierra installation :/
Boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

It's kind of annoying to fix :/, since I need to reinstall high sierra to try again, no boot flags seems to work when I have edited something in clover configuration..

You can always change Clover boot flags from Clover screen without reinstalling. You should never have to reinstall to test something unless you edit some Kexts without backing them before

• For Intel HD 630 Graphics, edit CLOVER /kexts/Other and config.plist and also install in /Library/Extensions the needed kexts for Intel HD 630.
  • Open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with Clover Configurator Vibrant and edit :
    • Boot : [√]disablegfxfirmware [√]dart=0 ]√]Vebose (-v)

• To test the above, from your CBM screen you can temporarily edit Options >
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeID=0x59128086
  • Once on Desktop Check About This Mac>OverView and also System Reports... Hardware> Graphics and Displays> for the effect of temporary editing of Optionsfrom CBM screen
  • Once you are back on Desktop perform CLOVER edit and Library /Extensions edit as indicated above.

• To test the above, from your CBM screen you can temporarily edit Options >
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeID=0x59128086
  • Once on Desktop Check About This Mac>OverView and also System Reports... Hardware> Graphics and Displays> for the effect of temporary editing of Optionsfrom CBM screen
  • Once you are back on Desktop perform CLOVER edit and Library /Extensions edit as indicated above.

THANKS AGAIN! Now I have the right graphic card on high sierra, but had to use intelgraphicsdvmtfixup.kext as well.
The only problem now is that my screen flickers :/, anyone have any tips.
I don't find any way to change "DVMT-prealloc to 64MB" at all in my bios.

THANKS AGAIN! Now I have the right graphic card on high sierra, but had to use intelgraphicsdvmtfixup.kext as well.
The only problem now is that my screen flickers :/, anyone have any tips.

I think It works now :), what I did:

Copied "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext / IntelGraphicsFixup.kext / Lilu.kext" to my desktop on my hackintosh, run KextBeast, copied them to my efi boot under clover/kexts/Other, restarted my computer.

Edited according to your settings:

• EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with Clover Configurator Vibrant and edit :
Now my screen was flickerning, went into my config.plist again and choose:
SMBIOS, Imac17,1.

Restarted my computer, and everything works :)

My boot flags are (for now):
(Verbose)
-disablegfxfirmware.

Probably won't need this many restarts etc.

Is there any way to truly test your gpu? :)

Also, I have looked around but haven't found a text explaining, sorry, probably dumb question, som kext files are pointing to a git page, but, you normally clone these pages from linux, how to you extract the kext from your mac from a git page..:/?

I think It works now :), what I did:

Copied "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext / IntelGraphicsFixup.kext / Lilu.kext" to my desktop on my hackintosh, run KextBeast, copied them to my efi boot under clover/kexts/Other, restarted my computer.

Edited according to your settings:

• EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with Clover Configurator Vibrant and edit :
SMBIOS, Imac17,1.

(Verbose)
-disablegfxfirmware.

Also, I have looked around but haven't found a text explaining, sorry, probably dumb question, som kext files are pointing to a git page, but, you normally clone these pages from linux, how to you extract the kext from your mac from a git page..:/?
On your thread #25
  • Since I don't have access to your MSI MoBO I had no way of knowing that its Graphics Related Menu lacked the option to select an optimum DVMT Pre-Allocated of 128M or minimum of 64M.
    • Your approach to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext is the right strategy to fix that BIOS related issue.
SMBIOS, Imac17,1.

If iMac 17,1 for SMBIOS has fixed your Graphics issue it is an acceptable choice. For your Hardware SMBIOS > Product Name of iMac18,3 would be another option. But if there is no issue no need to change.

(Verbose)
-disablegfxfirmware.

If you are tired of watching a verbose boot screen and like to see Apple logo instead , you could edit config.plist and remove [√]Verbose(-v) . But I wouldn't suggesting removing -disablegfxfirmware from Boot>Arguments of config.plist

• What do you want to test the Graphics for? Do you find any problem on your Monitor display while using your system for your intended purposes?

On your thread #25

• What do you want to test the Graphics for? Do you find any problem on your Monitor display while using your system for your intended purposes?

You guys are great!
Naa, acceleration, but, tested all day, seems to work fine! Just worried about connecting my second display port screen tommorrow, cross my fingers i works :shifty:.

HDMI won't work now, but I won't really use HDMI so I don't care about that..

On your thread #25

• Since I don't have access to your MSI MoBO I had no way of knowing that its Graphics Related Menu lacked the option to select an optimum DVMT Pre-Allocated of 128M or minimum of 64M.
    • Your approach to use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext is the right strategy to fix that BIOS related issue.

If iMac 17,1 for SMBIOS has fixed your Graphics issue it is an acceptable choice. For your Hardware SMBIOS > Product Name of iMac18,3 would be another option. But if there is no issue no need to change.

If you are tired of watching a verbose boot screen and like to see Apple logo instead , you could edit config.plist and remove [√]Verbose(-v) . But I wouldn't suggesting removing -disablegfxfirmware from Boot>Arguments of config.plist

Hi, thanks for all your help, tried to read fix this but can't get it to work:banghead:, I have two displays ports on my hd graphics 630, but in osx I can only connect one monitor :/, do you have any tips for this? :cry:

This is my last step to have a full functioning hacktintosh, and It would be fantastic if this would work.. :D
Thanks again everyone for all the help!!

Hi, thanks for all your help, tried to read fix this but can't get it to work:banghead:, I have two displays ports on my hd graphics 630, but in osx I can only connect one monitor :/, do you have any tips for this? :cry:

This is my last step to have a full functioning hacktintosh, and It would be fantastic if this would work.. :D
Thanks again everyone for all the help!!

Sorry, I'm going to open a new thread on this, maybe I'm taking to much in the same thread.
Tried a lot of things but can't get my second monitor to work via Displayport or HDMI :(.

I want to thank @cmn699 @jamesst20 @P1LGRIM
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Everything else work, execpt audio, but that don't matter for me :)

Sorry, I'm going to open a new thread on this, maybe I'm taking to much in the same thread.
Tried a lot of things but can't get my second monitor to work via Displayport or HDMI :(.

I want to thank @cmn699 @jamesst20 @P1LGRIM
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Everything else work, execpt audio, but that don't matter for me :)

I don't know, but based on search results try these tips :

Tips 1 :
Hello I finally managed to get on-board Graphics working with following:

ACPI : patches : Rename HDAS to HDEF and Change GFX0 to IGPU.
Boot : flag : -shikigva=1, -disablegfxfirmware
Graphics : Inject Intel checked and ig-platform id :0x59120000
Device: IntelGFX: 0X59128086
SMBIOS : iMac 18.3
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext and Shiki.kext.

But i still have an issue when i try to connect the second monitor.

My mobo has an Hdmi and displayPort outlets. I want to run 2 monitors without a graphics card (using on-board graphics of i7-7700K)

I tried plugging the monitor after boot and the second monitor came on patchy for couple of seconds and then the computer would crash.

PLease help

Edit: The issue was SMBIOS. I put 18.3 instead of 18,3. I guess Apple uses a comma instead of a period in their versioning. Once I changed that both monitors work fine. Now the only thing i need to figure out is to have them work from start instead of having to plug them in afterwards

Tips 2 :

Hi! Actually, yes! Just couple of days ago.

Kernel and Kext Patches
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer find 01050900 00040000 87010000 replace 01050900 02000000 87010000
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer find 02040a00 00040000 87010000 replace 02040a00 02000000 87010000
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer find 03060a00 00040000 87010000 replace 03060a00 02000000 87010000

Instal kext
Lilu.kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext WhateverGreen.kext Shiki.kext

Booting with 1 monitor only: HDMI (Using HDMI-->DVI)
Plugging 2nd monitor via DVI port after getting to desktop
Fixing resolution issue with SwitchResX.app

Let me know how it goes

For the Audio, I can't help much, I could not figure out which Audio chipset you have. You can always try the Universal "VoodooHDA". Install the PrefPane (double click) and copy the kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

Add AppleHDADisabler.kext to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other only if you have a kernel panic.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 72
  • VoodooHDA.prefPane.zip
    471.6 KB · Views: 77
  • AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back