Contribute
Register

[Solved] Please Help :/ - Fresh install-Dell Optiplex7050 i7-7700-cpu kernal panic-High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but based on search results try these tips :

Tips 1 :

Tips 2 :

Let me know how it goes

For the Audio, I can't help much, I could not figure out which Audio chipset you have. You can always try the Universal "VoodooHDA". Install the PrefPane (double click) and copy the kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

Add AppleHDADisabler.kext to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other only if you have a kernel panic.

THANKS for taking your time and writing to me! Will try this tomorrow and get back to you, ain't home until really late tonight :(, aaaaa, It's itching in my fingers to try your tips! :)

THANKS for taking your time and writing to me! Will try this tomorrow and get back to you, ain't home until really late tonight :(, aaaaa, It's itching in my fingers to try your tips! :)

Np, by the way, just to let you know, because you have "[SOLVED]" in your title, most people wont bother opening if you ask questions in here. Make sure to quote/mention me.

Np, by the way, just to let you know, because you have "[SOLVED]" in your title, most people wont bother opening if you ask questions in here. Make sure to quote/mention me.

@jamesst20 Thanks! Glad and sad news :), it works if I set SMBIOS to 18,3, with use one HDMI and one DisplayPort, but.. then my screen flickers constantly :/, have you got any tips?

Last edited:
@jamesst20 Thanks! Glad and sad news :), it works if I set SMBIOS to 18,3, with use one HDMI and one DisplayPort, but.. then my screen flickers constantly :/, have you got any tips?

So basically you only tried Tips #1? Have you also tried the boot flag and kexts that were mentioned in Tips #1?

You can also try Tips #2, who knows :)

So basically you only tried Tips #1? Have you also tried the boot flag and kexts that were mentioned in Tips #1?

You can also try Tips #2, who knows :)

Hi @jamesst20, no sorry, I tried the other tips as well, but didn't work..
BUT! I did set my SMBIOS to 14,2 and now it seems to work no flicker, thanks!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back