Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Please Help!! CustoMac Mini Deluxe will not boot with GPU installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-wifi
CPU
Intel > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 740
So I have a hackintosh which I built following the exact list of parts shown in the CustoMac Mini Deluxe (core i3) on this website so as to avoid running into any compatibility issues. Currently I know that it runs perfectly fine using the integrated graphics, tested with El Capitan 10.11.3 and Windows 10 Pro x64. After installing the GT 740 SC and having a lot of issues with it randomly rebooting and then getting completely stuck in a boot loop, I created a new installer and wiped/reinstalled El Capitan. I have had it randomly reboot on me a couple times still, but it boot loops every time only after applying Mulitbeast. I tried variations of all the recommended settings for my build to possibly single out what was causing the issue, I tried just doing the El Capitan post install tools, I tried other things people suggested that had similar issues. At this point I don't know where else to turn.
I also know that the card works fine on Windows 10 as well, but Windows also had issues booting when the new card was installed where it would completely freeze during boot. After a lot of troubleshooting there I discovered that it would only work if the integrated graphics was disabled from device manager before putting in the new card since I can't find anywhere to do that from the BIOS on the Z97N-Wifi. I had the exact same issue in Windows with another card I tried just before this one so I know its not the card. Could it be the mobo? (also is on latest bios version)

I need to find out if its a hardware or software issue while I'm still within the time window of being able to return some of these parts. I just don't understand how this could be such a nightmare and I really need some guidance here, any help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Please Help!! CustoMac Mini Deluxe will not boot with GPU installed

Okay well since this website is practically useless in terms of getting any kind of response to a forum post I'll just follow up with what I found in hopes that it might help someone else who has this issue. After trying everything and reading in several other posts that installing any kind of driver for this card is not necessary, it turns out that it would only work correctly for me if I installed the appropriate Nvidia Web Drivers from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...river-updates-for-el-capitan-update-02182016/ for my OS X version. After that everything worked flawlessly and I haven't yet had any of the aforementioned issues reoccur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back