Contribute
Register

[Solved] Permanent loop after Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using the EFI folder from the above link, you should delete all the hackintosh related kexts from /Library/Extensions/.

1 - Yes I using the EFI folder from the EFI zip file at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/

Ok - On the new Hackintosh in the /Library/Extensions there are no CLOVER labelled kexts just the following kexts
ACS6x
AcrMSR
ATTOCelerity
ATTOExpressSASHBA2
ATTOExpressASARAID2
CalDigitHDProDrv
HighPointOP
PromisesSTEX
SoftRAID

And the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other contains the following kexts

AppleALC
AppleIntelE1000e
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu

The networking error has stopped of its own accord - it will not keep any WINS name I give it - but prefers to retire to a conflicted name :)

My main area of concern right now is getting display solid - the screen corruption makes it difficult to use

1 - Yes I using the EFI folder from the EFI zip file at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/

Ok - On the new Hackintosh in the /Library/Extensions there are no CLOVER labelled kexts just the following kexts
ACS6x
AcrMSR
ATTOCelerity
ATTOExpressSASHBA2
ATTOExpressASARAID2
CalDigitHDProDrv
HighPointOP
PromisesSTEX
SoftRAID

And the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other contains the following kexts

AppleALC
AppleIntelE1000e
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
IntelMausiEthernet
Lilu

The networking error has stopped of its own accord - it will not keep any WINS name I give it - but prefers to retire to a conflicted name :)

My main area of concern right now is getting display solid - the screen corruption makes it difficult to use

The kexts look fine. The WINS name may be related NVRAM. I don't know what you originally installed when you first ran MultiBeast... But I recommend trying to run Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller, then upgrade Clover and be sure to select AptioMemoryFix and deselect OsxAptioFix2Drv-64. This will give you native NVRAM.

Upon reboot, if you are still getting the WINS problem, try clearing NVRAM using Terminal command:
Code:
sudo nvram -c

The kexts look fine. The WINS name may be related NVRAM. I don't know what you originally installed when you first ran MultiBeast... But I recommend trying to run Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller, then upgrade Clover and be sure to select AptioMemoryFix and deselect OsxAptioFix2Drv-64. This will give you native NVRAM.

Upon reboot, if you are still getting the WINS problem, try clearing NVRAM using Terminal command:

OK I think we are at cross purposes.

This install has NEVER had Multibeast run

Ran a complete UNIBEAST
Replaced EFI Partition folder EFI with the one at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/

No MultiBeast has been run on this install

OK I think we are at cross purposes.

This install has NEVER had Multibeast run

Ran a complete UNIBEAST
Replaced EFI Partition folder EFI with the one at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lent-ga-z370n-i5-8400-16gb-500gb-nvme.247619/

No MultiBeast has been run on this install

If you have never ran MultiBeast, you should still run the Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller and replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 with AptioMemoryFix. OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 broke native NVRAM and required an emulated NVRAM workaround. AptioMemoryFix restored.

The EFI folder from the above link uses OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.

OK I am at a complete loss. Getting there but still on a steep learning path :)

Be gentle with me I'm a noob at this :)

My total Hackintosh experience to date is:

Run UniBeast, Run Multibeast (but not on build attempt 4), copy an EFI folder from a another install to the EFI partition.

un the Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller and replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 with AptioMemoryFix. OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 broke native NVRAM and required an emulated NVRAM workaround. AptioMemoryFix restored.

Found (Clover) Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller - I run that on the Hackintosh​

Found OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in EFI Partition /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder​

I cannot find in the Downloads Section anything call AptioMemoryFix.efi a search of tonymacx86.com does not reveal it either.

A pointer please?

Thanks

Run UniBeast, Run Multibeast (but not on build attempt 4), copy an EFI folder from a another install to the EFI partition.

I cannot find in the Downloads Section anything call AptioMemoryFix.efi a search of tonymacx86.com does not reveal it either.

A pointer please?

Thanks
latest versions of clover has AptioMemoryFix.efi, use that and remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64

A pointer please?

Thanks

Usually, I get the updated AptioMemoryFix from running the Clover installer, but for the sake of simplicity, I attached it to this post. I also included HFSPlus.
  1. Download the attached file.
  2. Unzip it.
  3. Copy both files to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
  4. In the same folder, delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and VboxHfs-64.
  5. Reboot.

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
OK done - yet again I owe you another beer!!

Swapped out efi files - ran (Clover) Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller - success reboot

The netbios name is now hackmac - not original but unique for my LAN :)

Any suggestions on stabilising video - the screen corruption makes it very difficult to do anything?

OK done - yet again I owe you another beer!!

Swapped out efi files - ran (Clover) Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller - success reboot

The netbios name is now hackmac - not original but unique for my LAN :)

Any suggestions on stabilising video - the screen corruption makes it very difficult to do anything?

What type of corruption are you seeing? How much VRAM did you set for IGPU?

OK

1. Initial Display set to IGFX
2. Internal Graphics - Enabled
3. DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M

A. Screen corruption a flashing 'mirror' of the main window on display 10% of the screen left of Safari- ie Safari in this case
B. As I move a window around it leaves clippings of open windows and leaves them flashing on the screen

After a period of time it is difficult to detect which is the 'real' window and which is the ghost

I'm currently running 1080P not trying clever stuff yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back