Contribute
Register

[Solved] Permanent loop after Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
@feartech I am sure you were answering a question but not the one I was asking .

Your help is appreciated.

The questions I asked was ....

It refers to :-

Post Install Comments

As mentioned - please see the EFI folder attached and install it in the appropriate directory of course.

I have read it through but cannot determine where on what is the appropriate directory found?

By this I mean - The efi folder that is attached (found that no problem) what is not clear is 'install it in the appropriate directory of course'

I understand it must be installed in the appropriate directory - but I am still at loss as to which directory is appropriate :)

Having NEVER done this before, it is much appreciated having experienced people provide a guiding hand.

Thank you for your assistance

@feartech I am sure you were answering a question but not the one I was asking .

Your help is appreciated.

The questions I asked was ....

By this I mean - The efi folder that is attached (found that no problem) what is not clear is 'install it in the appropriate directory of course'

I understand it must be installed in the appropriate directory - but I am still at loss as to which directory is appropriate :)

Having NEVER done this before, it is much appreciated having experienced people provide a guiding hand.

Thank you for your assistance
sorry!

when you extract the EFI folder, you will need to mount your existing EFI (from the downloads section, find EFI mounter, run it and mount your EFI partition)

then you can copy and paste the required files over to your EFI partition

Which directory are you looking for?

Ok sorry for being such a noob with this.

It looks like @feartech is pointing me to someone who has installed a mackintosh on very similar hardware to mine.

I think he is trying to tell me that I could do a normal Unibeast High Sierra install and maybe take the efi.zip - expand it and install it in "the appropriate directory of course"

I think @feartech is indicating that if could do that then it will stabilise things :)

@feartech - being economical with words and all :)

@pastrychef - Million dollar question - assuming I have the efi folder on a usb drive plugged into the Basic Unibeast Mac I have to install it somewhere - where?

Thanks

Ok sorry for being such a noob with this.

It looks like @feartech is pointing me to someone who has installed a mackintosh on very similar hardware to mine.

I think he is trying to tell me that I could do a normal Unibeast High Sierra install and maybe take the efi.zip - expand it and install it in "the appropriate directory of course"

I think @feartech is indicating that if could do that then it will stabilise things :)

@feartech - being economical with words and all :)

@pastrychef - Million dollar question - assuming I have the efi folder on a usb drive plugged into the Basic Unibeast Mac I have to install it somewhere - where?

Thanks

EFI folder goes in to the primary directory of the EFI partition. By default, the EFI partition is hidden. You can use an app like EFI Mounter to mount it.

You should install the EFI folder on to the EFI partition of your main system drive. The UniBeast created USB flash drive also has an EFI folder in its EFI partition, but unless you want to always boot from the USB flash drive, putting your final EFI folder on to your main system drive makes much more sense.

@feartech @pastrychef Thanks

Almost there - have the EFI partition loaded - just fighting the screen corruption to copy the efi folder files across to it.

the corruption is bad.... so close........

Old windows of apps no longer open or running overlaying existing ones - I have no idea what i am actually clicking on....

Ugh

trying it in Terminal - must be nearly 30 years since I last used a Uni command line .........

Attachments

• IMG_5266.JPG
    IMG_5266.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 45
OK renamed old EFI folder to EFIold copied across new EFI folder.

Rebooted

It came back up - screen corruption - no audio - no ethernet

- So to recap Attempt #4

BIOS set to correct defaults
Ran Unibeast - per instructions - installed High Sierra
Got to standard macOS screen.

Video corruption - no audio - no ethernet

DID NOT RUN Multibeast

Downloaded known good EFI.zip from

Mounted efi partition (there was only one - I removed USB drives to avoid confusion)

Renamed EFI folder on EFI partition to EFIold
Cp -r EFI /Volumes/EFI/EFI
all files copied across

Rebooted and no joy

Any suggestions? for attempt #5 ? :)

PROGRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:)

of course my bad

my very rusty Unit Command Line skills got me so far but no cigar !!

When I copied the EFI folder onto EFI Partition it put it in the /EFI folder i.e. /EFI/EFI

Emptied out original EFI folder moved everything up and unmounted EFI partition

Reboot and so far audio and 1 network card are up and running.

Still have screen corruption - and an error message that repeats every 5 seconds

This computer's local hostname "Michaels iMac 2 " is already in use on this network...."

Doesn't matter how many times I change the WINS machine name it auto writes back a name it doesn't like

But Progress indeed!

PROGRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:)

of course my bad

my very rusty Unit Command Line skills got me so far but no cigar !!

When I copied the EFI folder onto EFI Partition it put it in the /EFI folder i.e. /EFI/EFI

Emptied out original EFI folder moved everything up and unmounted EFI partition

Reboot and so far audio and 1 network card are up and running.

Still have screen corruption - and an error message that repeats every 5 seconds

This computer's local hostname "Michaels iMac 2 " is already in use on this network...."

Doesn't matter how many times I change the WINS machine name it auto writes back a name it doesn't like

But Progress indeed!

If you are using the EFI folder from the above link, you should delete all the hackintosh related kexts from /Library/Extensions/. The method used by the above method places all the hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back