Contribute
Register

[Solved] Permanent loop after Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM943360CS2 installed

Removed the bt/Wi-Fi on the motherboard connected through a “secret” m2 connector.

Had to add new pigtails to connected wifi antennas.

But all up and running Wi-Fi and bt, Apple new bt keyboard, trackpad and AirPods all working.

I am seeing some ‘skittiness’ in the trackpad.

Haven’t got Apple Watch unlocking it yet.

And need to get USB 3 SATA Dock working.

But everything else running very nicely.

I am seeing some ‘skittiness’ in the trackpad.

Unfortunately the CM943360CS2 is not doing the job.

The BT works for about 10 minutes after boot, then degrades to the point of no longer working, Apple Trackpad and Keyboard stop working and lose connection over BT so I've had to connect directly over lightning cables.

The wifi - which is in the same location as my old Mac Mini is only achieving 80KB/s peak, the Mac Mini wifi was good on 5GHz so good I never had to look at it.

It is only connecting on 2.4GHz RSSI 75dDM Noise 96 dBM Tx fluctuating between 7kMbps and 90Mbps

Possibly a dodgy CM943360CS2 perhaps ?

I've included my efi partition if that helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 50
Unfortunately the CM943360CS2 is not doing the job.

The BT works for about 10 minutes after boot, then degrades to the point of no longer working, Apple Trackpad and Keyboard stop working and lose connection over BT so I've had to connect directly over lightning cables.

The wifi - which is in the same location as my old Mac Mini is only achieving 80KB/s peak, the Mac Mini wifi was good on 5GHz so good I never had to look at it.

It is only connecting on 2.4GHz RSSI 75dDM Noise 96 dBM Tx fluctuating between 7kMbps and 90Mbps

Possibly a dodgy CM943360CS2 perhaps ?

I've included my efi partition if that helps.

Bluetooth reception can be affect by many things, including 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and USB 3 (aka USB 3.1 gen 1).

Make sure your Bluetooth is not connected to a USB 3 port.

If Wi-Fi connection is weak, try better antennas.

@pastrychef Thanks -

BT - I just installed the CM943360CS2 into the adapter into the m2 slot previously occupied by the original mobo BT/wifi card.

QUESTION - how do I force the BT to connect to a particular USB port?

I am using the Aerials provided with the mobo - I'll try different ones see if they make a difference.

@pastrychef Thanks -

BT - I just installed the CM943360CS2 into the adapter into the m2 slot previously occupied by the original mobo BT/wifi card.

QUESTION - how do I force the BT to connect to a particular USB port?

I am using the Aerials provided with the mobo - I'll try different ones see if they make a difference.

The M.2 slot should be wired to USB 2. Obviously, having properly configured USB will help.

@pastrychef ok my ignorance is both broad and deep on this matter....

See attached USB Device Tree - The mobo supports 1 x USB C, 6 x USB 3.1 and 2 x USB2/1.1 on an internal USB Header

Looking through the BIOS settings not a great deal of options relating to USB configuration.

What Am I missing ? to force the M2/CM943360CS2 to USB2 in order to stabilise the BT?

Thanks

Attachments

• USB Device Tree.jpeg
    USB Device Tree.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 54
@pastrychef ok my ignorance is both broad and deep on this matter....

See attached USB Device Tree - The mobo supports 1 x USB C, 6 x USB 3.1 and 2 x USB2/1.1 on an internal USB Header

Looking through the BIOS settings not a great deal of options relating to USB configuration.

What Am I missing ? to force the M2/CM943360CS2 to USB2 in order to stabilise the BT?

Thanks

If you are using the M.2 slot, it should be on USB 2.

Do you have SSDT for USB configured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back