Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Oops...disabled USB and now I'm hosed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to set the correct BIOS settings after BIOS reset.

CMOS Battery doesn't reset the CMOS it only resets the Date and Time

Wrong - Removing the CMOS battery resets all settings to factory default.

Think about it, with no mains power and no battery how would volatile memory retain any data ?

Thats not the case with my Z77-DS3H and my H61N-USB3 and other builds i have. Removing BIOS battery on my builds only resets the Date and Time. If that not the case then having a Clear CMOS jumper is a waste of time and waste of resources.

Thats not the case with my Z77-DS3H and my H61N-USB3 and other builds i have. Removing BIOS battery on my builds only resets the Date and Time. If that not the case then having a Clear CMOS battery is a waste of time and waste of resources.

The CMOS memory is used to retain data (the BIOS settings) when the computer is powered off.
If you remove the mains power and the CMOS battery there is no way that the memory can retain the data.
Therefore, removing the CMOS battery will reset all stored settings to the factory default.

Can remember i change a setting in the BIOS this was when i first had my Z77-DS3H had no output on my monitor removing the battery and unplugging from the mains didn't fix it. But what fixed the problem was bridging the Clear CMOS jumper which fixed the problem so i thought to was the jumper that clears the CMOS not the battery.

Can remember i change a setting in the BIOS this was when i first had my Z77-DS3H had no output on my monitor removing the battery and unplugging from the mains didn't fix it. But what fixed the problem was bridging the Clear CMOS jumper which fixed the problem so i thought to was the jumper that clears the CMOS not the battery.

It is exactly the same thing - I have a Z77-DS3H too and this is the relevant part of the manual :

Attachments

• CMOS.png
    CMOS.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 149
Except mines the Revision 1.1. Sorry my bad. I was certain it was just the Jumper lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back