Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Nvidia GT 740 SC 4GB - Not compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through that guide, but as soon as I don't add the nv_disable=1 to the boot args, I go back to the old problem. I did install the web drivers, where the version matches my OS ver of El Capitan and I see it loading in the menu bar. I went back and Clover now has the boot args "nvda_drv=1" listed in there (which I did not do and it wasn't there originally). According to the guide in the link you provided, that's what it's supposed to be though. I made sure under the Clover graphic options that the nvidia injector was unchecked as well. The board is Keplar based. Just to clarify, it's the 4gb DDR3. The guide also says to use GraphicsEnabler=No, but I don't see an option in Clover for that, unless that's also supposed to go on the boot args line, but I did try that.

Any ideas?

Ok, I have it working!!! I tried a DVI monitor and it did the same thing. It was what Kazbah suggested. nv_disable=1
Although I tried that in the past, but I now know I had a syntax error because one of the keys on my keyboard was not mapping correctly and I plugged in my Mac keyboard a few days ago and this time while trying it, it worked! YAY!

So, now I just have 2 simple questions. How can I store that switch in Clover so I don't have to keep typing it? Also, at this point I'm having the classic video lines problem and need the web driver. Can someone paste the link here? It's extremely hard to type with the line issue as I'm writing this from the actual custo.

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the efforts of all!

Links to the Nvidia web drivers: http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html

Add nv_disable=1 to config.plist:
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 9.49.31 PM.png

Links to the Nvidia web drivers: http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html

Add nv_disable=1 to config.plist:
View attachment 212910
What app is that? I looked carefully at the pic and the program name is white'd out in the title bar. Also, the link to the drivers page explains that Keplar cards (720 sc like I have), you use the nv_disable=1 only to get into the OS so you can install the web drivers and after that you shouldn't use it or the web drivers won't find the card. That's basically what I'm seeing. The Nvidia app sees no vid cards in the slot, likely for that reason, but I can't boot yet without the nv_disable=1 so it's unclear what's wrong.

The app is Clover Configurator.

Yes. Just leave nv_disabled=1 on long enough to install the Nvidia web drivers. Once they are installed, remove nv_disabled=1 and enable nvda_drv=1.

The app is Clover Configurator.

Yes. Just leave nv_disabled=1 on long enough to install the Nvidia web drivers. Once they are installed, remove nv_disabled=1 and enable nvda_drv=1.
Thanks for the app name! I found it now. Yeah, as I mentioned, I did install the Nvidia web drivers after I got booted on the 740. :) So I did the same thing you mentioned. In fact after installing the web driver, the nvda_drv=1 was in the boot args (I hadn't added it). So I thought, great! I just need to click the boot drive, but that got me the black screen again until I added back the nv_disable=1 again.

In any case, it's really hard to do any web reading and work on the custo with the video line issue, as you know. I came back to my MacBook Pro now and it looks like that build number is critical for the web driver (after being able to read closer on a decent computer). I'm thinking that's the issue (I hope). I'll look at the system info and match it up to the exact build # and try again.

Thanks for the app name! I found it now. Yeah, as I mentioned, I did install the Nvidia web drivers after I got booted on the 740. :) So I did the same thing you mentioned. In fact after installing the web driver, the nvda_drv=1 was in the boot args (I hadn't added it). So I thought, great! I just need to click the boot drive, but that got me the black screen again until I added back the nv_disable=1 again.

In any case, it's really hard to do any web reading and work on the custo with the video line issue, as you know. I came back to my MacBook Pro now and it looks like that build number is critical for the web driver (after being able to read closer on a decent computer). I'm thinking that's the issue (I hope). I'll look at the system info and match it up to the exact build # and try again.
Turns out, I chose the correct version of the nvidia web driver. Now I'm not sure what next. Maybe get the configurator and try to set those other flags

How did you originally install everything? Did you use UniBeast and MultiBeast?

How did you originally install everything? Did you use UniBeast and MultiBeast?
Yes. I started by prepping the USB stick with UniBeast. I then used MultiBeast to get other things running afterwards and so far I've got everything working, except the video card. As I look over the posts from Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting guide, a few have mentioned what appears to be the same issue, where they can finally get booted into the OS, but only using the nv_disable=1 arg. They install the web drivers, but still are forced to use the nv_disable=1 or they get a black screen after the load bar / Apple logo. That's the same issue i'm having, but either those people never followed up with the solution, or gave up. I replied to a couple to check, but I can't expect a fast reply.

I'm at a total loss as to why it's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back