Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has injected a custom display adapter name, not more than that. Real drivers are mandatory for acceleration, no way around that.

he did not. el capitan recognize the name of the card for some reason. he installed real drivers but had no acceleration though.

Obviously faked, either you've injected the name or photoshopped it in.

It would not say ASUS Geforce xxxxx if it was real, it would say Nvidia Geforce xxxxx.

i have no time to lose on fakes, making this working is hard enough of a job.
i did not inject the name. el capitan recognize the name of the card for some reason.
funny how you find this unbelievable.

I wouldn't call that a working graphics at all. Without acceleration, GPU is basically useless.

call it as you like. not working at all for me would be a black screen on boot. without acceleration gpu is still useful as i can dual boot and use osx while being able to play games in windows 10 with much better settings than intel 530.

It's not a question of "believing" something. You've either injected the name through a custom DSDT/SSDT or enabled Inject/Nvidia in Clover. There's simply no other way to get that string there (well, beside Photoshop). The Nvidia kexts (which obviously didn't load -> 7MB VRAM) just don't contain that string.

For me and most other people an unaccelerated GPU is barely more than "not working", as it makes even simple office work painful (not talking about demanding stuff). If it's usable for you, fine, but please don't confuse the other users. We've almost reached 100 pages in a discussion about drivers which don't even exist. :lol:

you're right, for me it's not believing, it's experiencing then seeing results or not.
yes, inject nvidia is enabled in clover. osx showed the exact name of my card, to my surprise. no photoshop here.
not flawless but i can still use osx without having to go back to the igpu 530. i'd say it's better than nothing for now.
as stated in my first post, hope to see a fix coming soon from nvidia for 10x0s.
nvidia driver manager is already in "automatically check for updates" ;)

you're right, for me it's not believing, it's experiencing then seeing results or not.
yes, inject nvidia is enabled in clover. osx showed the exact name of my card, to my surprise. no photoshop here.
not flawless but i can still use osx without having to go back to the igpu 530. i'd say it's better than nothing for now.
as stated in my first post, hope to see a fix coming soon from nvidia for 10x0s.
nvidia driver manager is already in "automatically check for updates" ;)

Speaking objectively (As this is something I've been practicing a lot lately)...
A non-accelerated dGPU isn't as useful as an accelerated iGPU.
Apart from the Sierra + Safari/AppleNetworking crashes when using Intel HD 4600 graphics (Which is what I'm currently dealing with at the moment), the Intel acceleration is still overall faster as it provides the real desktop experience/presentation. The GPU is barely usable for Safari surfing, and Chrome is borderline useless.
If it weren't for that, I'd wholeheartedly recommend waiting on the iGPU for the moment until then. But to each their own, of course; the dGPU without acceleration is technically useful, but just barely, and at the very least avoids the Apple Networking/Safari crash.

As I said before, it is not working. No Quartz Extreme = no acceleration. No acceleration = doesn't work. There's very little confusion here, it does not work.

Really hope something happens soon. I actually started planning my total migration to Windows on the weekend. Made me feel a bit ill. I really don't want to switch all my Mac operations over to Windows but its been months now since I was able to use my real work space, instead been using my under powered Mac laptop for jobs I usually do on my powerful PC running OSX. My IGPU does not perform well, for some reason the colors are all screwed up, like a terrible white balance when using the iGPU. I've spend hours trying to solve it, but nothing. Thats a deal breaker when I deal with photography and highly accurate color spaces. So im giving up.

Essentially my PC now just plays video games and thats it. Its a waste for me and Nvidia don't look like they're going to support Pascal on OSX any time soon. I mean, look how long this thread has been going for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back