Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the Nvidia web drivers show up soon - I dual boot my hackintosh into Windows 10 pretty much only to use the Oculus Rift, and these new Pascal cards are much, much better for VR performance wise. I was always surprised OS X never gained native Maxwell support, from a TDP perspective they are exactly the kind of chips that would be attractive for machines like the retina iMac. I guess Apple need to throw a bone to ATI every now and then to keep some competition alive in the GPU market.

I would really like to get my 970 swapped over as soon as I can.

is it possible to put the 1080 in slot 1 and a compatible nvidia card in slot 2 and only use slot 1 for bootcamp? or will that confuse OS X

I've got the gtx1080 and i can confirm the hackintosh wont start with it or recognise it at all, shame really... because now i have to have the ol' gtx680 in there AND the gtx1080 and switch them when i boot into windoze to get any gfx performance :/

I've got the gtx1080 and i can confirm the hackintosh wont start with it or recognise it at all, shame really... because now i have to have the ol' gtx680 in there AND the gtx1080 and switch them when i boot into windoze to get any gfx performance :/

i have mine booting, albeit with extreme tearing. but it works if you are into grafx glitches. i'm going to go the integrated route until they release a new driver. debating whether to take this back and get it when the drivers are available. dont see a big price drop on the 980 cards though, so might just hang tight and see how it plays out.

i have mine booting, albeit with extreme tearing. but it works if you are into grafx glitches. i'm going to go the integrated route until they release a new driver. debating whether to take this back and get it when the drivers are available. dont see a big price drop on the 980 cards though, so might just hang tight and see how it plays out.

My card will be delivered today, can you share your configuration settings or process to get the card to boot? ie clover settings etc Thanks.

... i'm going to go the integrated route until they release a new driver. ...

Are you planning on keeping the 1080 connected? If so, mind sharing your setup such that booting into OS X uses integrated? I'm planning on trying integrated for Mac OS X and 1080 for Windows and having it just work, using two inputs on my monitor.

Anyone have any insights on how long Web Drivers took to be released back when Maxwell was new? (980 was first out I think?)

I'm in the same boat as many here....trying to decide if I should return the 1080 and return once it's supported. If it's weeks it's one thing...but if it's "months" or "the Fall"... yikes.. No dice in that case.

Edit: Just checked myself here on the site.
Looks like official 970/980 release was September 18th, 2014, then here on the site there was an official post about Web Drivers just under a month later on October 17th, 2014.

So that's very hopeful actually! (assuming it's useful as a guide to what will happen this time)

Anyone have any insights on how long Web Drivers took to be released back when Maxwell was new? (980 was first out I think?)

Unfortunately, GTX 750 series are the first Maxwell archs (Feb 2014).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back