Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the cuda driver on Sierra 10.12. The installation was successful but still gpu driver is not installed :(. I have a GTX1060 using OS X Sierra 10.12 on non-accelerated mode.

I am in the same situation :D

In the BIOS, it's under the Peripherals heading. Internal Graphics enable/disable and Init Display First > IGFX.

In Windows, all I did was switch the monitor inputs so it was displaying the Nvidia card's desktop, then switch off the IGPU's desktop via the screen settings menu (right click on the desktop).

thanks! I did the bios thing and so macos is correctly using the hd4000 with dvi now.
then under windows ->control panel I deactivated the hd 4000 so it's using the 1060.

strange thing: if I connect the hdmi cable to the 1060 and the dvi cable to the igpu, under Windows ->screen management
I have the possibility to select the tv (that is connected to the 1060 with hdmi) or the monitor (connected to the deactivated hd4000 with dvi).
so it's like the signal is passing from the 1060 to the mobo to the dvi output of the mobo. how is it? :D

Yes, very glad to hear this news! Since CUDA 8 doesn't really make sense without drivers, I'm positive we should have drivers in October.

strange thing: if I connect the hdmi cable to the 1060 and the dvi cable to the igpu, under Windows ->screen management
I have the possibility to select the tv (that is connected to the 1060 with hdmi) or the monitor (connected to the deactivated hd4000 with dvi).
so it's like the signal is passing from the 1060 to the mobo to the dvi output of the mobo. how is it? :D
Sounds like Windows is treating it as a multi-monitor system, so I guess you've got screen mirroring turned on or something like that. I don't think the hd4000 is physically deactivated - you should still be able to access the Intel graphics control panel if you right click the desktop.

I stopped mine behaving that way by going into Display Settings and under Customise Your Display I selected 'show only on 2'.

Very nice with the CUDA toolkit w/ Pascal support.

I can smell the Pascal webdrivers already :)

But what is the difference between cuda and driver? If they are same, I am going to install macos right now. ^_^
I'm no expert on this, but afaik the cuda drivers give you access to use the cuda cores for compute tasks, whereas the web drivers (what we're waiting for) are the actual drivers for the cards. So there's no reason to install the cuda drivers at the moment, as they won't work without the web drivers on Pascal cards anyways.

Seriously excited about this. I have a tonne of photos I have not edited because I can't use my OSX install anymore any I really don't want to install all my tools on Windows.

i`ll be waiting... i`ll be watchiiing)
Cmoon Nvidia!!

So tempted to press the buy now button on a 1080.

Just Do it! We all did and are waiting impatiently lol. Join the group lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back