Windows & Mac
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I wonder if the pascal gpus will work in a real mac such as the mac pro 5,1. I would love to have a gtx 1080ti working on my mac pro 5.1

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390-H
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Gtx 1080 working perfectly here under Sierra 10.12.4. I can retire my gtx 770 now.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I wonder if the pascal gpus will work in a real mac such as the mac pro 5,1. I would love to have a gtx 1080ti working on my mac pro 5.1
Sure. I was reading over at the MacRumors' Mac Pro forum section that MacVidCards already has tested the 1080 Ti with his EFI vBIOS. See also http://www.macvidcards.com/blog

Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING Pro CARBON with Intel Z170
CPU
Intel i7 7700K (Kaby Lake)
Graphics
GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I cant even get to the installer....I have a 7700K and a GTX 1080. I did everything with UniBeast (including moving the Nvidia package to the USB stick with everything else).

I spoofed my CPUID

I have my Boot Args set to nv_disable=1

When I attempt to boot from the drive, I see the Apple logo and within 30 seconds, I get the halt symbol. I also can't get verbose to see what's causing the error. :(

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I cant even get to the installer....I have a 7700K and a GTX 1080. I did everything with UniBeast (including moving the Nvidia package to the USB stick with everything else).

I spoofed my CPUID

I have my Boot Args set to nv_disable=1

When I attempt to boot from the drive, I see the Apple logo and within 30 seconds, I get the halt symbol. I also can't get verbose to see what's causing the error. :(
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING Pro CARBON with Intel Z170
CPU
Intel i7 7700K (Kaby Lake)
Graphics
GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Specs:
-Z170A MSI GAMING Pro CARBON
-CPU: Intel 7700K i7
-GPU: GTX 1080 Founder's Edition
-RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Subject: I can't even get to the installer menu for macOS Sierra. Here is what I've done so far:

I did everything I needed to do with UniBeast, then I moved the new WebDriver package to the to the USB drive, too. When tweaking some settings and then attempting to start the installer, I see the Apple Logo, then the hault symbol. I hit the spacebar for verbose, but nothing happens.

I changed all of my BIOS settings that was recommended from the Hackintosh Guide.

I boot from my USB stick and I changed my Fake CPUID to: 0x000506E3
  • Kernel Support CPU (unchecked)
  • Kernel Lapic Patch (unchecked)
  • Kernel Haswell-E Patch (unchecked)
  • Kernel PM Patch Patch (checked)
  • AppleIntel CPUPM Patch (checked)
  • AppleRTC Patch (checked)
  • Dell SMBIOS Patch (unchecked)
What, if any, options do I need to check for Graphic Injector? (Again, I just downloaded the latest Pascal beta drivers)