Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plugged in your config.plist into my EFI folder but got the same result after restart when I attempted to enable Web drivers. The 2 windows disks (Win10 & Win7) have already been disconnected in order for me to narrow down the culprit and prevent any interference. However, the 2 other OS X disks (Mavs, Yose, & El Cap) are partitions that are a part of the same disk Sierra is installed on which don't have any bearing during my test. Regarding your procedural list, the last step which involves implementing the solution for Problem 6 causes my system not to boot after the bootloader menu which I mentioned I have already attempted this step before with no success.

I have changed the mode from normal to verbose as an easy way to check - If it doesn't boot verbose then you are not using this file.
Did it boot in verbose mode ?

Yes it booted in verbose mode, you the black screen with all the white print

Then if your BIOS settings are correct the only thing left would appear to be the Problem 6 NVRAM issue.
No more ideas.

Hi guys, i have Laptop with GTX 1070 + Sierra 10.12.4 + installed nvidia web driver beta. It works, but how to make brightness control work? I don't see brightness slider on Display Preference, i think it because Nvidia Web Driver are for desktop not laptop. I already use ACPIBacklight.kext, IntelBacklight.kext and AppleBacklightInjector.kext. none of those work.

Hi I have exactly the same problem, my laptop is Acer Predator 17inch G7-593. This model has one displayport connector too, but I also have problem with connecting 4k display Philips BDM4037UW (it works with amd 280x or with kepler nvidia without problems on my desktop hackintoshes). Any advices?

Any advices?
Yes, this is a Desktop forum, for help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop forum.

Then if your BIOS settings are correct the only thing left would appear to be the Problem 6 NVRAM issue.
No more ideas.
My apologies for taking up your time. I was able to finally get the Web drivers enabled as posted on this thread here. Thanks for your suggestions

Hello again. My two monitors works brilliant, but there is one little problem, and her name - HDMI. Monitors using 2 display ports on the videocard, and when i was try connect 4k tv in hdmi port - system was not recognize him. (on windows same configuration work perfectly). There is any chance to make tv work as third monitor?

And one more thing. When PC starts and bios going checks - primary monitor is left. But in macos primary is right. Why it is happening?

Last edited:
My two monitors works brilliant, but there is one little problem, and her name - HDMI. Monitors using 2 Display ports on the videcard, and when i was try connect 4k tv in hdmi port - system was not recognized him. (on windows same configuration work perfectly). There is any chance to make tv work as third monitor?
I have a Dell P2415Q and a Dell P2715Q. The P2415Q works from the DVI or HDMI connector at 4K@30Hz on my Titan X card. I can't get the P2715Q to work from either connector in macOS. They all work fine in Windows. Maybe overriding the EDID would work? Note that the DVI port can actually do single link 4K@60Hz, just like the HDMI port (at least on this card). The DVI port also supports dual link. The P2415Q does not support 4K@60Hz using HDMI but does support it with mDP or DP. The P2715Q supports 4K@60Hz from any port (in Windows anyway...).

If I want to use a 4K@60Hz display using the DVI or HDMI port and a display like the P2415Q that does not support 4K@60Hz using HDMI, then I have to wait for someone to make a HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter that supports 4K@60Hz. Current adapters only support 4K@30Hz.

And one more thing. When PC starts and bios going checks - primary monitor is left. But in macos primary is right. Why it is happening?
I think EFI boots using the first port as the primary monitor. On my Titan X, I think the order of the ports is DVI, DP1, DP2, HDMI, DP3 (as they are listed in the "Setup digital audio" section of the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows). So switch your monitor connections to switch the primary display. Maybe Clover can be changed to change the primary display either using a display identifier (matching parts of the EDID) or a port identifier?

In Mac OS X, use the Displays preferences panel to change the primary display.

@joevt
Have same ports on my 1080 (DVI, DP1, DP2, HDMI, DP3), but i dont have dvi to hdmi adapter for checking how its work with 4kTV... maybe just plug off my monitors and try to use tv as single monitor, maybe its start working, or maybe not. Some tests awaiting me tonight. And for primary/slave monitors too. Thanks for information!

Some updates. Turning off UHD colors on tv for that hdmi port make its works, have 3 display now, but tv is only 30Hz refresh rate. Pissible to fix this someway? (in windows working on 60)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 19.09.40.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 19.09.40.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Success!!!

evveyJt.png

Can't believe how smooth of a process it was, too. Installed with UniBeast and MultiBeast, of course, and the process took me probably under two hours (for someone who is definitely somewhat of a novice at Hackintosh, this was impressive). A couple things that I found really interesting was that with my last hack (ran Yosemite), I was never able to get iMessages to work nor on-board audio (I had to use a USB adapter, which was very annoying)...but both work now! Audio worked right after I ran MultiBeast, and I had to follow some instructions to modify my Clover config, but really, minimal hiccups all around with the install.

Since I dual-boot Sierra and Win8.1, I forgot that I had issues with the time zones being inaccurate upon booting up. Luckily, there's a pretty simple fix for that (and I can confirm that this works on my current Sierra/Win8.1 setup)...again, something I was never able to figure out with my last Hack, but that was definitely on me.

Excited to be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back