Contribute
Register

[solved] No audio with Realtek alc269

Status
Not open for further replies.
No audio with Realtek alc269

When I patch audio using MaciASL, the layout-id in IOReg doesn't change. Isn't it supposed to change when I patch it?

Then something else must be setting your layout (probably an HDAEnabler kext).

One of the kexts I found has the layout-id 269 which isn't supported as a valid layout-id in the audio patch, it shows like a error when I try to compile DSDT.

The patch supports layout-id=269. would be { 0x0d, 0x10, 0, 0 }

How could I find the appropriate AppleHDA.kext for my system?

Google and find one or patch it yourself.

Actually there wasn't a HDAEnabler, then I tried to install the HDAEnabler kext and now the audio works.

Thank you very much!

Actually there wasn't a HDAEnabler, then I tried to install the HDAEnabler kext and now the audio works.

Thank you very much!

HDAEnabler kexts should be avoided (they tend to cause other problems). You were better off determining what you were doing wrong with regard to DSDT injection for layout-id.

Maybe the mic is not working because of this?

I think I'm gonna keep the HDAEnabler for a while and see how unstable things goes... I tried with the patches and it didn't work.

It should work with the AppleHDA kext I'm using and the correct patch, right?

Unlikely.

I think I'm gonna keep the HDAEnabler for a while and see how unstable things goes... I tried with the patches and it didn't work.

It is just a matter of doing the patch correctly...

Correct. DSDT patch can do the same job as the enabler kext. But it has to be done correctly.

Rehabman,

What does HDAEnabler.kext binary do exactly?

I can see the pin configuration and layout-id in the plist, but I'm just wondering what the attached kext executable does.

google "applehda patch guide" if you want to learn something.
google "applehda patch request" if you don't and hope that it works

Rehabman,

What does HDAEnabler.kext binary do exactly?

AFAIK, the source is not available. But the only purpose should be to inject the required properties ("hda-gfx", "layout-id", and "PinConfigurations".

I can see the pin configuration and layout-id in the plist, but I'm just wondering what the attached kext executable does.

Would require disassembly and analysis. Since it does nothing interesting (DSDT patches are easy and well known), not really interesting...

How could I find the appropriate AppleHDA.kext for my system?

Thanks.

I finally found a site that solved my ALC 269 AppleHDA.kext need. You will likely also need to apply Rehabman's Layout ID and IRQ fix to your DSDT. Also, you need to first do a linux codec dump (I created a bootable USB with Ubuntu; mac instructions available on their website). My codec was ALC 271x even though my audio chip is ALC 269. Anyway, I was able to get full sound working, including internal mic and headphone jack. Good luck. BTW, I am not sure if referring to another hackintosh site is ok on tonymac. If not, sorry (I did check the rules).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/#entry2027485

Hi,

i also made a codec dump as you mentioned and i also have "ALC271X", "Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269" so that means i need to work with "AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC271x.zip" to get my audio?

i attached the codec_bump with this post.

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back