Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H, Socket-1151
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
I know this is a frequent problem. I had this problem when installing El Capitan, and I solved it by following a solution found on this forum. Now I can't remember what I did one year ago.
After upgrading to Sierra the problem reappeared, but I haven't been able to fix playing videos in iTunes.

There are some posts referring to the shiki and lilu kext, but I haven't figured how to install them.

Any suggestions how to solve video playback in iTunes?
Help is appreciated.

I know this is a frequent problem. I had this problem when installing El Capitan, and I solved it by following a solution found on this forum. Now I can't remember what I did one year ago.
After upgrading to Sierra the problem reappeared, but I haven't been able to fix playing videos in iTunes.

There are some posts referring to the shiki and lilu kext, but I haven't figured how to install them.

Any suggestions how to solve video playback in iTunes?
Help is appreciated.

Hello :)

Yes, you are probably right about the two kexts - if the problem is with DRM, bought videos etc.

These kexts have been updated now so that Lilu is the main kext and Shiki a kind of plug-in (I believe) so download the latest versions.

I had success by putting them in the EFI partition, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. No need to rebuild caches or go through all the logging-out and logging-in some people have.

(If you still have those older versions in some other place then remove them and rebuild before rebooting.)

This works for my build, although I don't have very many videos bought from iTunes to test with, probably only half a dozen, but they all play after the procedure.

:)

Thanks for your reply.

Downloaded Shiki 2.0.3 and Lilu 1.1.4, put them in the E/C/k/O folder and restartet computer.
Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem.
Screen is connected via DVI, but a have also tested HDMI

(Sierra 10.12.5, GA-Z170M-D3H, i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX950)

Thanks for your reply.

Downloaded Shiki 2.0.3 and Lilu 1.1.4, put them in the E/C/k/O folder and restartet computer.
Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem.
Screen is connected via DVI, but a have also tested HDMI

(Sierra 10.12.5, GA-Z170M-D3H, i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX950)
For your GTX 950 you also need a file called iMac.kext
Download Nvidia 980ti.zip from this post, unzip and only use iMac.kext (put in E/C/k/O folder).

Update: partially working

I went through the folders
/Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions
and removed any Shiki and Lilu files
kept the newest Shiki and Lilu files in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Now the movies plays after downloading, but not streaming.

I may have a "dirty" system after several tweaks and system updates (from 10.11.5 to 10.12.5).
Maybe a clean install will resolve the issue.

Thanks for input.

Anyone know why i am getting this now?
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

logout

Anyone know why i am getting this now?

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

logout

Spent half the day trying to figure out why I also get that error when running VDADecoderChecker. My system is very similar to yours - Z97X-UD7-TH, 4790K, 980Ti. I was just about to give up when I launched iTunes and found my DRM files to be playing normally even with that VDADecoderChecker error. Only problem I'm having now is that skipping around through the videos sometimes causes iTunes to freeze up.

Have you tried playing the videos anyways?

Spent half the day trying to figure out why I also get that error when running VDADecoderChecker. My system is very similar to yours - Z97X-UD7-TH, 4790K, 980Ti. I was just about to give up when I launched iTunes and found my DRM files to be playing normally even with that VDADecoderChecker error. Only problem I'm having now is that skipping around through the videos sometimes causes iTunes to freeze up.

Have you tried playing the videos anyways?

I can't get that far!! I can get iTunes playback only if i download them first. But I can't stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back