Contribute
Register

[Solved] Messages works - Appstore Works - iCloud works - iBooks works - iTunes Store does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H Rev 1.0 - F11 BIOS
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
AMD Radeon 7950 - Gigabyte Windforce3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, my current rig is a gigabyte z270x Gaming 5 + i7 7700 and GF 970gtx , as the thread title reads I´ve got everything working but need to run the iTunes Store to try to get an old version of an iOS app and when I want to login via iTunes to the store it will ask iCloud user / password in a loop, no error displayed just the login windows appearing indefinitely.

Ethernet is as en0 and built in, and I tried to search for the issue in the forum and google but could not find info about this, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sorry for the shameless bump, but could not find anything on this and am about to do a clean install to see if that helps, and would like to avoid doing so!

Thanks and sorry about the bump again!

Sorry for the shameless bump, but could not find anything on this and am about to do a clean install to see if that helps, and would like to avoid doing so!

Thanks and sorry about the bump again!

Hi there.

Yes, that sounds odd given that the app store works and ethernet is correct at en0.

Have you tried reinstalling iTunes? Be careful though. You need version 12.6 which you can still download from the Apple support pages. The latest version 12.7 no longer has an iOS app store!

:)

Hi!

Thanks a lot, just checked and, indeed I have 12.7 so will try right now to downgrade, thanks again, and will post back to report!

Hi there.

Yes, that sounds odd given that the app store works and ethernet is correct at en0.

Have you tried reinstalling iTunes? Be careful though. You need version 12.6 which you can still download from the Apple support pages. The latest version 12.7 no longer has an iOS app store!

:)

Well, uninstalling and installing 12.6 didn't solve the issue, but I´m now writing this reply from a fresh install that, after using the same iMessages compatible SMBIOS on, is now logged at the iTunes 12.6 App Store !!!

I think maybe there is a "ban" from trying to log in to iTunes before making the SMBIOS iMessages capable, so after a fresh install and the first iTunes Store attempt being after checking messages compatibility it just logged in.

Thanks again for the input and the heads up about 12.7 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back