[SOLVED] Many problems on clean install 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EA80_HB
CPU
Intel i5-4210U
Graphics
Optimus (Intel HD Graphics 4400 + Nvidia GeForce 820M)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I've done new installation of Sierra on my laptop. After lots of problem of my first installation, due to newbie skills, I'm trying to do it on best way possible. But, after patching DSDT and SSDT, and installing all kexts on EFI/Clover/Other/ instead of S/L/E, I still have many problems. So here you can find problem reporting files, just give a look and tell me please why I'm having following troubles:

-No backlight slider. I follow new guide for 10.12.4 but it doesn't work. trying with old procedure (patching EDID, IntelBacklight.kext, ACPIBacklight.kext) I had small range of brightness and OEM keyboard shortcut working (on past installation they didn't). After following new guide for 10.12.4 I have medium brightness without slider :banghead:

-Strange cpu Frequency, graphic like a roller coaster :crazy: (or almost it seems to me), I can't understand what's wrong on ssdt generated by your script.

-Worst mic input I ever heard! No jokes, it's really bad, even after iGain adjustment.:confused:

-I have synaptic trackpad (can't understand specific hardware). On Windows it's able to do three fingers gestures and pinch to zoom, on MacOS none of them.:mad:

I tryied to understand every guides, and I'm looking for your help because I think there's something wrong on my files but I can't understand what. Thanks:D

Attachments

• CiccioMarx 10.12.4.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
Hi, I've done new installation of Sierra on my laptop. After lots of problem of my first installation, due to newbie skills, I'm trying to do it on best way possible. But, after patching DSDT and SSDT, and installing all kexts on EFI/Clover/Other/ instead of S/L/E, I still have many problems. So here you can find problem reporting files, just give a look and tell me please why I'm having following troubles:

-No backlight slider. I follow new guide for 10.12.4 but it doesn't work. trying with old procedure (patching EDID, IntelBacklight.kext, ACPIBacklight.kext) I had small range of brightness and OEM keyboard shortcut working (on past installation they didn't). After following new guide for 10.12.4 I have medium brightness without slider :banghead:

-Strange cpu Frequency, graphic like a roller coaster :crazy: (or almost it seems to me), I can't understand what's wrong on ssdt generated by your script.

-Worst mic input I ever heard! No jokes, it's really bad, even after iGain adjustment.:confused:

-I have synaptic trackpad (can't understand specific hardware). On Windows it's able to do three fingers gestures and pinch to zoom, on MacOS none of them.:mad:

I tryied to understand every guides, and I'm looking for your help because I think there's something wrong on my files but I can't understand what. Thanks:D

IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext do not work with 10.12.4.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

You didn't patch ACPI correctly (wrong files in ACPI/patched).
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Three finger swipes must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts (the swipes generate keystokes).
Pinch/Zoom is not implemented.

You should use patched AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA. See FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for tips. I tried with apple backlight injector but it didn't work, i can't shoot the trouble.

I'll try apple hda thanks.

About ACPI, what is my error with files in ../ACPI/patched?

Last edited:
Thanks for tips. I tried with apple backlight injector but it didn't work, i can't shoot the trouble.

Reply in guide thread with "Problem Reporting" files.

I'll try apple hda thanks.

About ACPI, what is my error with files in ../ACPI/patched?

Read the guide, then you'll know which files should be there.

Other problem I forgot to tell, I can't disable Nvidia (Optimus) after following your guide. I can still see it in IOReg.

Other problem I forgot to tell, I can't disable Nvidia (Optimus) after following your guide. I can still see it in IOReg.

You did not patch ACPI correctly...

Please, I read guide lots of time, where is my fault? :cry:

Please, I read guide lots of time, where is my fault? :cry:

Based on the files in ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Keep in mind you will need to adjust SortedOrder.

There is no call to _OFF from _INI (in SSDT-7.aml), so I'm not sure why you expect the discrete GPU to be disabled.

Your profile is also inaccurate... no mention of a discrete GPU, which you now imply you have in post #6...

SSDT-PNLF.aml must be after the OEM SSDTs in SortedOder.
SSDT-PNLF.aml cannot be loaded before the OEM SSDTs, which is what you have in SortedOrder. It is dependent on _SB.PCI0.IGPU, and you have that device declared after in SSDT-6.aml.

Finally..THANKS MATE! :headbang::clap: Sorry for stupid questions, but I was thinking that I could avoid to put unpatched SSDT in patched folder. My fault. Now only one thing isn't working. I get full brightness, but still no slider. PNLF is correctly charged, I can see it in IOReg. I'll spend more time on that, if I can't solve on my own, I'll post files on dedicate thread. Thanks again!

Finally..THANKS MATE! :headbang::clap: Sorry for stupid questions, but I was thinking that I could avoid to put unpatched SSDT in patched folder. My fault. Now only one thing isn't working. I get full brightness, but still no slider. PNLF is correctly charged, I can see it in IOReg. I'll spend more time on that, if I can't solve on my own, I'll post files on dedicate thread. Thanks again!

Your profile is still not fixed. Please fix before your next reply.
You did not attach new "Problem Reporting" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back