Contribute
Register

[Solved] macOS could not be installed on your computer...installer resources error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just wanted to add what worked for me after wasting an entire weekend with this mess! I wanted to upgrade from sierra 10.12.6 to high sierra 10.13.6. on my Gigabyte z170 G7. I ended up unplugging all of my other drives by this time so I'm not sure it was absolutely necessary but I kept getting the "installer resources" message even after deleting the installer folder from my hard drive and trying to install from a unibeast usb drive with the installer on it after the installer itself failed repeatedly.
~~~What worked for me was, after the installer failed for the millionth time I went into the installer folder that was left on my main drive and opened it up and found an installer.dmg file inside (can't remember the actual name but it will be obvious), mounted it, and installed again from there... I didn't think it would work, but I figured I'd give it a shot as I had nothing left to lose at this point. It went through the install perfectly and 40 minutes later my Sierra was High Sierra and it was converted to AFPS. Working perfectly after upgrading Nvidia web drivers and running the AGDPfix app.
This was on a 500GB Samung 950 Pro NVME drive with about 150GB of space left. I think my installer was actually corrupted or outdated or something. I had the installer usb set up and the installer on my hack sitting for months waiting for the time to do this. If you can't see the installer folder left on your hard drive from the failed install, use the command or app to show all hidden files! At any rate I'm finally up and rolling again! Hope someone finds this helpful!

Hey just wanted to add what worked for me after wasting an entire weekend with this mess! I wanted to upgrade from sierra 10.12.6 to high sierra 10.13.6. on my Gigabyte z170 G7. I ended up unplugging all of my other drives by this time so I'm not sure it was absolutely necessary but I kept getting the "installer resources" message even after deleting the installer folder from my hard drive and trying to install from a unibeast usb drive with the installer on it after the installer itself failed repeatedly.
~~~What worked for me was, after the installer failed for the millionth time I went into the installer folder that was left on my main drive and opened it up and found an installer.dmg file inside (can't remember the actual name but it will be obvious), mounted it, and installed again from there... I didn't think it would work, but I figured I'd give it a shot as I had nothing left to lose at this point. It went through the install perfectly and 40 minutes later my Sierra was High Sierra and it was converted to AFPS. Working perfectly after upgrading Nvidia web drivers and running the AGDPfix app.
This was on a 500GB Samung 950 Pro NVME drive with about 150GB of space left. I think my installer was actually corrupted or outdated or something. I had the installer usb set up and the installer on my hack sitting for months waiting for the time to do this. If you can't see the installer folder left on your hard drive from the failed install, use the command or app to show all hidden files! At any rate I'm finally up and rolling again! Hope someone finds this helpful!
Huh Explain. Are you building a hackintosh?

For those of us who are having this problem and are not as experienced with using the terminal, it would be helpful if you guys could type out the command, without any characters that shouldn't be there. No ` or " if they're not needed. Also, don't skip things that you think are basic. NONE of the suggestions worked for me because none of them seemed like complete suggestions or I was missing stuff because I don't know enough. So my problem still exists. :(

My problem still exists as well. I have a
Dell T5500
250 Seagate hd
AMD FirePro V4800, 512MB
Xeon 5600
I created the unibeast boot drive using the 5.5 gb high Sierra file. Was able to boot to clover, formated the target drive to apple extended journal, and when I go to install the status bar gets to like 1/4 of the the way and then restart. Once restarted if u choose the new boot from high Sierra ( not the USB) I get the macOS could not be installed error. PS also tried formating to APFS as well no luck.

Attachments

• 15697903371198000608301756024038.jpg
    15697903371198000608301756024038.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 187
I'm on day 4 of trying to get past this. It worked for me a few days ago, but Multibeast killed the functionality of the build. Now, I can't get it installed again, no matter what I do. It seems like there are several threads here trying to solve the same problem, but none of them actually have a working fix.

I ran into this problem while installing High Sierra, the ./startosinstall didn't work for me, but the above method did, with these modifications:

Thanks Ylx!

Is there some kind of wait time and/or confirmation after it's done copying? I think I successfully entered your command but it just sits there and when I reboot, twice, the initial "macOS could not be installed..." problem persists.

Is there some kind of wait time and/or confirmation after it's done copying? I think I successfully entered your command but it just sits there and when I reboot, twice, the initial "macOS could not be installed..." problem persists.

The answer is yes, it takes a while to finish (I'm not sure how long, I just left it and went to have lunch) and will return with another line of "bash..." when it's done. So if yours looks like it's doing nothing just leave it alone and wait.

Rebooted twice aaaaaaand... the installer is working! I can't wait until my next conflict! :thumbup:

So, to confirm with anyone running into this with HIGH SIERRA, this works:

cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/{the name of the target volume}/macOS\ install\ data/

Also, if the top menubar isn't visible right away then click on main window that's telling you macOS cannot be installed and it should then show up.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Mojave on external USB drive, to check how many issue I'll meet using it.

However, after choosing language I see a message error, and this i the log:

Error Domain=PKDistributionError Code=102

I'm not connected to the internet. I've formatted the partition with disk utility, but all visible volumes are grey, and I cannot check noone of them.

I can confirm that this method works for Catalina and after days of trying to resolve problem (checking memory sticks, hdds and before that various ways of preparing installation usb) i succed from the first try. Many thanks for all of you !
Z97x ud3h bk, i5, gtx 770

I suppouse that net connection is necessery - i have orig mac wifi card so its been very easy cause eth port do not work in my case

same kind of issue. can select drive to format an goes about installing but atfer reboot says to boot usb again to run installer of clover. but after that reboots it says failed on install cant reach rescouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back