Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo Z50-70 DSDT brightness and other issues with Patching DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero vii
CPU
i7 4790 3.0GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 770 4G
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys!

SO I have a laptop here, the Lenovo Z50-70, Intel 4510U i7 Hasswell, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 4400 Graphics, Realtek Ethernet and I'm using a USB wifi dongle to connect to the internet.
I installed using Clover EFI, patched the GFX Acceleration, Audio and Battery but for some reason I can't get my head around the brightness at all. Reading assorted guides online tell me to " drop oem " in the clover config program but when I do, the GFX acceleration stops and there is still no brightness, I installed the Rehabman brightness kexts and followed all the lark online but still nothing. This is the only real problem I am having with the machine, I'm booting up fine and everything works, I could easy use the machine as is but the perfectionist in me is stopping me from being happy with my hackintosh set up.
If any of your guys could shed a light on the situation I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance.
Dev

OH, and I having a bit of distortion on the finder bar, I know there is a command line for terminal to fix this but I can't find it anywhere, again help with any of these issues would be awesome.View attachment config.plistView attachment DSDT.amlView attachment SSDT-1.amlView attachment SSDT4.aml

Lenovo Z50-70 DSDT brightness and other issues with Patching DSDT.

Hello guys!

SO I have a laptop here, the Lenovo Z50-70, Intel 4510U i7 Hasswell, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 4400 Graphics, Realtek Ethernet and I'm using a USB wifi dongle to connect to the internet.
I installed using Clover EFI, patched the GFX Acceleration, Audio and Battery but for some reason I can't get my head around the brightness at all. Reading assorted guides online tell me to " drop oem " in the clover config program but when I do, the GFX acceleration stops and there is still no brightness, I installed the Rehabman brightness kexts and followed all the lark online but still nothing. This is the only real problem I am having with the machine, I'm booting up fine and everything works, I could easy use the machine as is but the perfectionist in me is stopping me from being happy with my hackintosh set up.
If any of your guys could shed a light on the situation I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance.
Dev

OH, and I having a bit of distortion on the finder bar, I know there is a command line for terminal to fix this but I can't find it anywhere, again help with any of these issues would be awesome.View attachment 150237View attachment 150238View attachment 150239View attachment 150240

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

My Clover guide's plist file has the "9mb cursor bytes" patch you need to solve the menu bar corruption: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

For backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

My Clover guide's plist file has the "9mb cursor bytes" patch you need to solve the menu bar corruption: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

For backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Thanks for replying, I followed the instructions, installed the ACPIBacklight and patched the DSDT with the Haswell brightness patch but still nothing. The brightness keys can come and secondary, I just want the brightness working.

Do you have any thoughts on the " drop oem " on clover? It says that that should be ticked, but when I do graphics acceleration becomes disabled..

Thanks for replying, I followed the instructions, installed the ACPIBacklight and patched the DSDT with the Haswell brightness patch but still nothing. The brightness keys can come and secondary, I just want the brightness working.

Do you have any thoughts on the " drop oem " on clover? It says that that should be ticked, but when I do graphics acceleration becomes disabled..

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hey man, OK its been a while cause of uni work and other things, but here are the files you wanted ( i hope ).
If you could still lend me a hand that would be wonderful
thanks

DevinView attachment Hackintosh Info.zip

Hey man, OK its been a while cause of uni work and other things, but here are the files you wanted ( i hope ).
If you could still lend me a hand that would be wonderful
thanks

DevinView attachment 163229

As is clearly documented in the ACPI patching guide, config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

I understand that, however whenever I have the option checked my graphics functionality becomes so terrible that the machine is near impossible to use.

Here is the info with the option checked.

View attachment Hackintosh Info 2.zip

I understand that, however whenever I have the option checked my graphics functionality becomes so terrible that the machine is near impossible to use.

Here is the info with the option checked.

View attachment 163240

As is clearly described in the guide SortedOrder must be used to insure SSDTs load and in the proper order.

Your SortedOrder names SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, ... SSDT-4.aml... etc. Your ACPI/patched has SSDT4.aml. It is missing the dash. As a result, the SSDT is not loading.

Details are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back