Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB install High Sierra success

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original WiFi card is Intel, so unfortunately no.

Both the trackpad and the touchscreen work on the latest Mojave with the latest VoodooI2C.
But it is possible to get WiFi working with replacing the chip right? And could you possibly link me the latest Voodoo.kext? I googled and tried one of the first results, but no touchpad or touchscreen are working

@Lacedaemon And do you any wifi chip, i can replace the intel one with, that is compatible with osx and windows?

But it is possible to get WiFi working with replacing the chip right? And could you possibly link me the latest Voodoo.kext? I googled and tried one of the first results, but no touchpad or touchscreen are working
@Lacedaemon And do you any wifi chip, i can replace the intel one with, that is compatible with osx and windows?

Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

But it is possible to get WiFi working with replacing the chip right?
Correct. Be sure to select one with a compatible chipset.

And could you possibly link me the latest Voodoo.kext? I googled and tried one of the first results, but no touchpad or touchscreen are working
I'm sure you were on the right track.

However, installing the kext is not enough; the Windows 10 patch must be applied to your DSDT.

This can be done non-invasively with the use of RehabMan's SSDT-XOSI. Don't forget to install its companion Clover patch.

--

@RehabMan: I have since installed AppleBacklightFixup + SSDT-PNLF and am now able to reach lower brightness levels than I thought were possible, so thanks for that.

I have two more minor questions:
  • How do I get rid of this debug text that appears at every boot? This happens w/ all machines that I've updated at or around Clover v4700.
sZvPPtU4iOPf0YNBA_jsEIiisWF7Gc_c-FG7-GIhNqw.jpg
  • Right now the laptop idles @ 1.2GHz. How can I get this thing idling @ 800MHz? Last time I talked w/ PikerAlpha about this over @ the ssdtPRGen repo, I just had to change something in: X86PlatformPlugin > [board-id.plist] > FrequencyVectors. However, my board-id's plist is much more complex than the ones I'm used to. CPUFriend + custom vectors seem to be the way to go, but I wanted to hear your 2 cents before working on that.
Thanks!

How do I get rid of this debug text that appears at every boot? This happens w/ all machines that I've updated at or around Clover v4700.

You should not see that text when you're not booting verbose.

Right now the laptop idles @ 1.2GHz. How can I get this thing idling @ 800MHz? Last time I talked w/ PikerAlpha about this over @ the ssdtPRGen repo, I just had to change something in: X86PlatformPlugin > [board-id.plist] > FrequencyVectors. However, my board-id's plist is much more complex than the ones I'm used to. CPUFriend + custom vectors seem to be the way to go, but I wanted to hear your 2 cents before working on that.

No idea... Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ.

Correct. Be sure to select one with a compatible chipset.

I'm sure you were on the right track.

However, installing the kext is not enough; the Windows 10 patch must be applied to your DSDT.

This can be done non-invasively with the use of RehabMan's SSDT-XOSI. Don't forget to install its companion Clover patch.

--

@RehabMan: I have since installed AppleBacklightFixup + SSDT-PNLF and am now able to reach lower brightness levels than I thought were possible, so thanks for that.

I have two more minor questions:
  • How do I get rid of this debug text that appears at every boot? This happens w/ all machines that I've updated at or around Clover v4700.
sZvPPtU4iOPf0YNBA_jsEIiisWF7Gc_c-FG7-GIhNqw.jpg
  • Right now the laptop idles @ 1.2GHz. How can I get this thing idling @ 800MHz? Last time I talked w/ PikerAlpha about this over @ the ssdtPRGen repo, I just had to change something in: X86PlatformPlugin > [board-id.plist] > FrequencyVectors. However, my board-id's plist is much more complex than the ones I'm used to. CPUFriend + custom vectors seem to be the way to go, but I wanted to hear your 2 cents before working on that.
Thanks!
Thanks buddy, will try to replace my WiFi with one mentioned in your linked post. And quick second question. How do you apply these patches. I don't really get that stuff with DSDT. Please tell me. Really appreciate it

How do you apply these patches. I don't really get that stuff with DSDT.
No better time to get acquainted! ;)

Here's a rough guideline:
  1. Paste the text from the SSDT-XOSI link into MaciASL.
  2. Save as an 'ACPI Machine Language Binary' file, then place the finished product in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
  3. Paste the _OSI to XOSI rename patch into the correct spot in your own config.plist.
What's MaciASL? What do you mean "correct spot in your own plist"? Where is EFI/CLOVER/blah/blah?
That's part of the adventure we know and love as Hackintosh. :)

Everything you need is in links above, but if you're unsure, Google is your friend. You can do it!

--

You should not see that text when you're not booting verbose.

Agreed, it's weird. I may end up wholesale reinstalling Clover but then again, iirc it's been happening since I started w/ this laptop.

No better time to get acquainted! ;)

Here's a rough guideline:
  1. Paste the text from the SSDT-XOSI link into MaciASL.
  2. Save as an 'ACPI Machine Language Binary' file, then place the finished product in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
  3. Paste the _OSI to XOSI rename patch into the correct spot in your own config.plist.

That's part of the adventure we know and love as Hackintosh. :)

Everything you need is in links above, but if you're unsure, Google is your friend. You can do it!
I tried to patch my config.plist and added the SSDT-XOSI but the Touchscreen and the Trackpad still dont work.
You will find my kextstat result and my Clover in the files below. What did i wrong?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • kextstat.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 139
I tried to patch my config.plist and added the SSDT-XOSI but the Touchscreen and the Trackpad still dont work.
You will find my kextstat result and my Clover in the files below. What did i wrong?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I thought i attached everything needed. I attached /EFI/CLOVER and i dont not need to attach an verbose pic, since it boots. And regarding the debug, i can not run it since i dont have a working Wifi yet (need to change my Wifi card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back