Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB install High Sierra success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to patch my config.plist and added the SSDT-XOSI but the Touchscreen and the Trackpad still dont work.
You will find my kextstat result and my Clover in the files below. What did i wrong?
First off: you have duplicate OSI patches in your config.plist > ACPI > Patches. You only need one.

I don't see VoodooI2C et all in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Did you put it in /S/L/E or /L/E? I also do not see it in your kextstat.

Also make sure you're installing the right Satellite Kext. In our case, that would be VoodooI2CHID. Complete instructions on how to install VoodooI2C can be found here.

If you install it and it still doesn't work, then try adding these patches in config.plist > KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch:
Code:
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
  <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
  <true/>
</dict>
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
  <true/>
</dict>

I thought i attached everything needed. I attached /EFI/CLOVER and i dont not need to attach an verbose pic, since it boots. And regarding the debug, i can not run it since i dont have a working Wifi yet (need to change my Wifi card)

You can use gen_debug.sh off-line. Please read the documentation.

First off: you have duplicate OSI patches in your config.plist > ACPI > Patches. You only need one.

I don't see VoodooI2C et all in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Did you put it in /S/L/E or /L/E? I also do not see it in your kextstat.

Also make sure you're installing the right Satellite Kext. In our case, that would be VoodooI2CHID. Complete instructions on how to install VoodooI2C can be found here.

If you install it and it still doesn't work, then try adding these patches in config.plist > KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch:
Code:
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
  <true/>
</dict>
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>SU9LaXQ=</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>SU9LaXM=</data>
  <true/>
</dict>
Thank, I will try it later. I use KextWizard to install my kexts to SLE. And btw, which of the WiFi Chips in the Thread you posted can you recommend? Which one do you use?

which of the WiFi Chips in the Thread you posted can you recommend? Which one do you use?
I'm using the DW1560 right now. No apparent problems from what I can see.

I'm using the DW1560 right now. No apparent problems from what I can see.
Thanks buddy, the patches did their thing. Now touchscreen and pad work like a charm. Do you have any other patches that could boost the performance? And regarding the WiFi chip, is that hard to replace. And if I replaced the chip, which modifications do I have to apply to OSX to make it work.
Really appreciate your help.

Hey, glad you got it working!
Do you have any other patches that could boost the performance?
All my findings are readily available by reading through this thread. :)

And regarding the WiFi chip, is that hard to replace.
Not at all.

Make sure you have a T5 Torx screwdriver handy for the exterior screws, as a regular Phillips will not work. The screw holding down the WiFi card, however, is Phillips.

which modifications do I have to apply to OSX to make it work.
Everything you'll need is in that Broadcom chipset thread I posted earlier in the thread.

Hey, glad you got it working!

All my findings are readily available by reading through this thread. :)

Not at all.

Make sure you have a T5 Torx screwdriver handy for the exterior screws, as a regular Phillips will not work. The screw holding down the WiFi card, however, is Phillips.

Everything you'll need is in that Broadcom chipset thread I posted earlier in the thread.
Thanks again, one last question. Did you get the keyboard backlight to work. I couldn't find any information

Thanks again, one last question. Did you get the keyboard backlight to work. I couldn't find any information
Yes; everything you need is in the OP. Good luck!

Hey dragonflylee, I have another new Lenovo Ideapad 330s (Kabylake-Refresh) and I am having awful trouble getting battery status (and touchpad) to work.

If you could let me know how you got yours working, that would be very helpful for me. I have everything else except sleep working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back