Register

[SOLVED] Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery Life

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@Cabriolet ,

Thanks so much for your response!

Some quick questions:

• Do you have TouchPad gestures working, like two finger scroll, and three-finger Expose/Mission Control?
  • You mentioned batter life bettery than WinX, can you say how long in hrs you get under normal use?
  • Did you do anything for PowerManagement of the M.2 PCIe SSD? The Dell XPS13's on HS or Mojave don't put the SSD into lower-power, so many people switch to M.2 SATA
  • Any issues with audio, headset, etc?
- I would highly highly encourage you to write a how-to, even if your setup is not perfect!

Unfortunately for the X1Carbon Gen6, the only complete "HOWTO" I'm aware of is here (https://github.com/tylernguyen/x1c6-hackintosh) but Tyler states he only gets 5 hrs battery life ; I did send him a DM on reddit looking for more details but didn't hear back (maybe he's really busy or something)

- On my side, there was a great sale on the X1C6 (same exact configuration as yours) but I didn't buy it because I was unsure how good macOS runs on it (until your post!). It seems like the XPS13 9360 took so much work (the XPS13 9360 has a huge guide here and theDarkVoid's github) that I was worried the X1C6 would need as much and doesn't have the same attention or number of people trying. Big concern I have with 9360 is the coil whine, and it also lacks HDMI.

Anyway, thank you again for your response, again, I highly encourage a write-up of some kind, maybe all the files you're using could be posted to a github. If I get an X1C6, I'll be very happy to contribute anyway I can! I have access to things like oscilliscopes, logic analyzers, etc (i.e. "real" test equipment) in case someone sees where that could be applied (i.e. snooping on I2C traffic for the touchpad, etc).

Motherboard
X1 Carbon 6th
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Cabriolet

Hi, do gestures work on your X1/C6 setup?
for 1 & 2 fingers works at moment, I have not stretched to advanced gestures, but would like to get it, esp. for 3 fingers switch desktop, etc. let me know if you found out. ;-)

Motherboard
X1 Carbon 6th
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620
Hello guys.

What's your status of hackintosh on X1C6.
Just bought one, purely for hackintosh (coming from macbook pro).
I have mostly everything working, but...

Two things still bother me:
- battery life
- weird bug with trackpad and trackpoint not working randomly after waking up

Did you manage to optimize power management to achieve similar battery life like in Windows?
I can get about 5 hours with screen slightly dimmed. I have Nvme drive (samsung pm961), but I cant find out if apst works and if the drive can get into idle mode. I have latest NVMeFix.kext installed in C/K/O/. I also have custom vectors for cpu, which now idles at 400 or 500mhz which is good I think, pa[[[. Fingerprint reader, sd card reader, nfc, all disabled in bios.
Still having about 10 watts. I dont have wifi card replaced yet, I am waiting for adapter, I've got apple 6+12 pin card. For now intel installed in the slot, I've tried to disable it in bios, but it didnt help.

The bug with trackpad and trackpoint is worse. Like I said, it randomly stop working. Sometimes even usb mouse refuse to work and I have to restart computer. If I reboot to windows, even in windows trackpad/trackpoint do not work. But in windows, when I put laptop to sleep, then after wake up, it works. Then also after booting back to osx, it always works.
After few cycles of sleep/wakeup it will stop again. The whole process repeats. Sometimes it start to work after sleep/wake, sometimes after restart, sometimes I need to go to win, put laptop to sleep, wake it up, boot to os x.
Painful..
I tried to increase wakeDelay in VoodooPS2 kekts plist, but it didnt work.
I have SSDT-UIAC patch applied.

Attaching debug info, thanks for all your help.

Attachments