Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
@grassmudhorse where do you find such info of idle consumption? screenshots pls.

w.r.t. battery time Wx vs. macOS:
it is one of the most annoying things from Windows is fan noise, which AFAIK is M$ manipulate & overclocking to get high performance without your approval and those settings disable. You will find dozens/hundreds of svchost.exe processes running, don't know what they are doing. Besides it update the OS anytime they want...

For those reasons and more, I seldom boot into Windows with my dual-boot. But I notice following:
  • if close lid sleep overnight, macOS can maintain 97% ~100% battery, but Wx much less < 90%;
  • Degradation of battery lifespan in Windows seems faster and irreversible, but in macOS last year 88%(Wx battery report), but now macOS report 93% (63 cycles count)
PS: macOS(10.15.1) SysPre shows my battery design capacity 4949mAh and voltage is 12673mV. but Wx battery report design capacity 57020 mWh

Last edited:
@grassmudhorse where do you find such info of idle consumption? screenshots pls.

w.r.t. battery time Wx vs. macOS:
it is one of the most annoying things from Windows is fan noise, which AFAIK is M$ manipulate & overclocking to get high performance without your approval and those settings disable. You will find dozens/hundreds of svchost.exe processes running, don't know what they are doing. Besides it update the OS anytime they want...

For those reasons and more, I seldom boot into Windows with my dual-boot. But I notice following:
  • if close lid sleep overnight, macOS can maintain 97% ~100% battery, but Wx much less < 90%;
  • Degradation of battery lifespan in Windows seems faster and irreversible, but in macOS last year 88%(Wx battery report), but now macOS report 93% (63 cycles count)
PS: macOS(10.15.1) SysPre shows my battery design capacity 4949mAh and voltage is 12673mV. but Wx battery report design capacity 57020 mWh
Are you using Lenovo’s battery driver in windows? It seems well optimized for me. The battery seem to last longer in windows. Although i have managed to get about 6+ hours on battery with MacOS too. How do you get such a good battery drain during sleep? Mine is about 1% an hour going down.

BTW, i have the same 4949 as yours. I think the problem is MacOSX is running on a higher Voltage than windows and I was hoping there is a way to lower the voltage output from battery.

you didn't answer my question, still curious...

Last edited:
@grassmudhorse I just update from 10.15.1 to 10.15.5, noticing the cover LED is always in sleeping/breathing mode, yours the same?

@grassmudhorse I just update from 10.15.1 to 10.15.5, noticing the cover LED is always in sleeping/breathing mode, yours the same?
no, there is a ssdt patch to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back