Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you manage to get X86PlatformPlugin to load, I've added SSDT-XCPM.aml (renamed to PR00) to patched/ but it still does not show up under IORegistryExplorer

EDIT: I got it load but at idle, it's nowhere below 1

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

How did you manage to get X86PlatformPlugin to load, I've added SSDT-XCPM.aml (renamed to PR00) to patched/ but it still does not show up under IORegistryExplorer

EDIT: I got it load but at idle, it's nowhere below 1

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh and make sure you have /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES set in clover. It should load, renaming PR00 was purely cosmetic as RehabMan pointed out.

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh and make sure you have /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES set in clover. It should load, renaming PR00 was purely cosmetic as RehabMan pointed out.

I would not recommend patching the FreqencyVectors. It has been shown to cause issues... and why would you want to run at a lower idle than Apple runs their own laptops at?

I would not recommend patching the FreqencyVectors. It has been shown to cause issues... and why would you want to run at a lower idle than Apple runs their own laptops at?
Simply wanted to see if it would improve battery life. As far as I can tell at the moment I haven't seen an improvement in battery performance from it, and it did cause instability in S3 Sleep which crashed for the first time since setting up so, as per usual it appears you're right as far as freqvectors are concerned.

would you mind sharing your current(flawless) running Debugging file?
I have almost everything working except the shutdown ==> reboot
I study your DSDT patch attached previously, but seems S3 patch not implemented?
BTW: could you share/explain why you have SSDT-ALS0.aml & SSDT-XCPM.aml in ACPI\patched?
Maybe you could also suggest on my reboot problem? esp. any settings in BIOS of your concern?
(my BIOS: LENOVO N23ET52W (1.27 ), 7/18/2018)

thanks!

I have most everything (that I can tell working) PowerManagement appears to be working. I have USB's restricted to ones only in use (no fingerprint scanner or card reader). My battery life is around 3 hours with extremely light usage, vs Windows 8-9 hours moderate usage. By no stretch am I expecting to get the exact same as Windows, but I'm worried I've done something wrong thats consuming extra power while at idle.

DSDT has
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
HPET Fix
SMBUS Fix
IRQ Fix
RTC Fix
OS Check Fix
Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
USB3_PRW 0x63 Skylake (instant wake)
Lenovo X230i battery

and a Keymap for brightness buttons applied.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I study your DSDT patch attached previously, but seems S3 patch not implemented?
BTW: could you share/explain why you have SSDT-ALS0.aml & SSDT-XCPM.aml in ACPI\patched?
Maybe you could also suggest on my reboot problem? esp. any settings in BIOS of your concern?
thanks!

FYI: SSDT-XCPM.aml does the same thing as config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Do not use both.

(my BIOS: LENOVO N23ET52W (1.27 ), 7/18/2018)

thanks!
Turn on Wake On LAN to fix reboot problem.
Update to BIOS 1.30 for native S3 sleep

Firstly thanks RehabMan for your comment.

@ arcticbear07
Wow! this is really a magnificent news! thanks!!
Before I update the BIOS 1.27 => 1.30, you mean the reboot issue can already be solved by activate WOL. What a contradiction!

I would change setting looks like that (see picture below, same as yours?), but seems still not working, maybe need to repatch DSDT. BTW: X1C6 has too many sophistic BIOS settings ... But I am happy that Lenovo user has a strong community and listen to their customers esp. for the S3 case... and what I also just found out my another imperfection is to turn around, with 1.30 said to be possible change the boot red splash!

my Lenovo Vantage is not working anymore... yours? (sorry off-topic)
View attachment 352944

Turn on Wake On LAN to fix reboot problem.
Update to BIOS 1.30 for native S3 sleep

Last edited:
@sbreezemac:

I still stay with High Sierra, because current OS fits my needs (although preview PDF still blurry).
  • Everything appears working except BT still lose after sleep sometimes ...
  • FaceTime and iMessages works too!
  • Fan is quiet mostly idle;
  • BATT life better than in WinX (with BIOS 1.30 updated).
  • I also notice cannot wake up from sleep(while lid opened) with keyboard or USB dongle mouse., only push power button or open lid;
  • All ports incl. USB-C(TB3) works, I am connecting single USB-C cable to display (with USB3 hub), works fine...
  • Hope to have Fingerreader enabled and TB3 thoroughly tested and show-up in system preference as MacBook Pro (14,1);
* My Geekbench score:

X1C6 Intel Core i7-8550U 1800 MHz (4 cores) Mac OS X 64 x86_64 4682 15854

hope this helps ... Initially I thought also to write a tutorial, but I still not feel my setup is perfect. shame...

BTW: please also let us know your out-comings...
I have the X1C6 too, how did you get to have better battery life than in win10? In win10 my idle consumption is less than 1w, but in MacOS it is always above 2W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back