Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo B570e Sierra Public Beta 3 (Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only CpuOIst is showing error on the Package (0x06) - "Remove _PSS Placeholders" patch that we used on Static Patching to fix this.
Should that patch be implemented on Hotpatch too or i should ignore it.
What about the PluginType1, i think you mentioned that it works good only on Haswell+ ?

No need to remove any _PSS placeholders when hotpatching. Only required in cases where you're recompiling the file.
SSDT-PluginType1.aml only applies to CPUs where XCPM is being used. Ivy does not use XCPM by default, although it can be forced with kernel patches.

after installing 10.13pb1..it fails to run smoothly.
1501498902x827166761.jpg

after installing 10.13pb1..it fails to run smoothly.
1501498902x827166761.jpg
this is a laptop thread, go and visit the desktop sections

@RehabMan i have a few questions related to High Sierra, i tried to follow the activity feed and high sierra laptop support but so far haven't spotted these questions answered.
Just asking in case you did update one of your machines to public beta 4 or somehow i missed a post someone wrote about one of those.
  • Is there a boot screen garble fix already found ?
  • Is the non updating battery status fixed ( did see other people reporting about this issue so im not alone in this case)
  • Beta 3 clean install forces you to APFS, even if you format the drive as HFS+J after second part of the setup, it will automatically convert to APFS. (Without giving you the option to convert like it did in previous betas after you select on which drive you want to install.

@RehabMan i have a few questions related to High Sierra, i tried to follow the activity feed and high sierra laptop support but so far haven't spotted these questions answered.
Just asking in case you did update one of your machines to public beta 4 or somehow i missed a post someone wrote about one of those.
  • Is there a boot screen garble fix already found ?
  • Is the non updating battery status fixed ( did see other people reporting about this issue so im not alone in this case)
  • Beta 3 clean install forces you to APFS, even if you format the drive as HFS+J after second part of the setup, it will automatically convert to APFS. (Without giving you the option to convert like it did in previous betas after you select on which drive you want to install.

Boot glitch: There is a boot glitch patch floating around. Not sure if it was updated for beta4. Also, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext has that patch in it automatically. Again, not sure if a beta4 update required or implemented. Be patient... that is a minor issue.

Battery: No.

APFS: Yes. There are ways around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back