Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo B570e Sierra Public Beta 3 (Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniki

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@RehabMan These are the issues that im currently facing on my Lenovo B570e on High Sierra Public Beta 3 (HFS+)

• VoodooPS2Controller seems to fail loading like more than 60% of each boot (touchpad & keyboard not working)
  • Battery Percentage not Reporting (realtime),for a refresh you have to tick/untick Show Percentage to update to its current percentage
  • Audio is showing no input devices although it was working fine on 10.12.6
  • Boot takes twice as long to boot to desktop than it did on 10.12.6
  • I do see some small random artifacts/glitches here and there.
Here are the data

Attachments

• B570e.zip
    5 MB · Views: 110
@RehabMan These are the issues that im currently facing on my Lenovo B570e on High Sierra Public Beta 3 (HFS+)

• VoodooPS2Controller seems to fail loading like more than 60% of each boot (touchpad & keyboard not working)
  • Battery Percentage not Reporting (realtime),for a refresh you have to tick/untick Show Percentage to update to its current percentage
  • Audio is showing no input devices although it was working fine on 10.12.6
  • Boot takes twice as long to boot to desktop than it did on 10.12.6
  • I do see some small random artifacts/glitches here and there.
Here are the data

From ioreg, I see:
- PS2 kext working
- nothing wrong with battery status
- one audio output
- APFS in use (install on HFS+J instead, APFS is slow)

Other notes/comments:
- for me, fcvo patch not needed in 10.13
- same goes for bluetooth handoff patch
- 10.12 graphics glitch patch not applicable to 10.13 (new patch required)
- Airport extreme patch not needed with FakePCIID kexts
- 10.13 is beta... bugs expected.
- dropping CPU related SSDTs likely to cause problems in DSDT (PNOT for example)

From ioreg, I see:
- PS2 kext working
- nothing wrong with battery status
- one audio output
- APFS in use (install on HFS+J instead, APFS is slow)

Other notes/comments:
- for me, fcvo patch not needed in 10.13
- same goes for bluetooth handoff patch
- 10.12 graphics glitch patch not applicable to 10.13 (new patch required)
- Airport extreme patch not needed with FakePCIID kexts
- 10.13 is beta... bugs expected.
- dropping CPU related SSDTs likely to cause problems in DSDT (PNOT for example)

-PS2 Kext - i should make a ioreg when it fails, and attach bootlog too i guess ?
-its just not refreshing correctly,lets say i unplugged the adapter and use it on battery it will stay at 100% till it shuts down without battery,i assume its a high sierra bug then,i have to go click on something on the battery icon on menu bar to update to current percentage
- audio is perfectly patched from codec dump,everything works on sierra but on high sierra i have no microphones.(i assume a High Sierra bug too then )
- APFS.efi present but im sure i installed on HFS+J

- Thanks for the patches tip, so fcvo and b4le handoff patches not required on High Sierra anymore ?
- Will remove the others
- System works really bad if i leave CPU SSDT's,freezes to the point where mouse sometimes freezes for a sec.
So what you're saying is i have to use the PNOT patch ? or leave SSDT's and fix the lag on another way ?

How can i apply the PNOT patch on Hotpatch method ?

@RehabMan About the PNOT that you mentioned..
on one of your guides, if im not mistaken i did see that Dropping CPU Tables is required on most/all Sandy Bridge Series since they are known to cause issues, which in my case system works really bad,lags a lot,fan feels like a truck engine.
Am i correct about dropping tables or i need extra stuff to correct that,or i just missed the PNOT Fix ?
If its jus that i missed the PNOT fix i found it:

i did find the @PNOT:
14 40 1C 50 4E 4F 54 08

change Method(_PNOT,0,S) to XNOT:
14 40 1C 58 4E 4F 54 08

Is it enough with just the rename or i should create a SSDT-PNOT like the examples from ESEL,XSEL,XWAK from the your Laptop config plist repo (Hotpatch template SSDT'S) ?

If it is required should it be like this:
Code:
// Disable PNOT Related Code (required when Dropping OEM CPU SSDT's)

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "B570e", "PNOT", 0)
{
    External(XNOT, MethodObj)

// Disables PNOT
    Method (PNOT, 0)
    {
    // do nothing
    }
}

and is the 14 40 1C part required or starting from 50 4E 4F 54 08 is enough ?

Last edited:
-PS2 Kext - i should make a ioreg when it fails, and attach bootlog too i guess ?

Of course. Problem Reporting files must represent the problem state.

-its just not refreshing correctly,lets say i unplugged the adapter and use it on battery it will stay at 100% till it shuts down without battery,i assume its a high sierra bug then,i have to go click on something on the battery icon on menu bar to update to current percentage

Haven't run into that issue specifically.

- audio is perfectly patched from codec dump,everything works on sierra but on high sierra i have no microphones.(i assume a High Sierra bug too then )

Or there is a problem with your patched AppleHDA components/procedures.

- APFS.efi present but im sure i installed on HFS+J

Your ioreg seemed to show APFS. You can check with 'diskutil list'.

- Thanks for the patches tip, so fcvo and b4le handoff patches not required on High Sierra anymore ?

Not for me when I looked at it... YMMV.

- System works really bad if i leave CPU SSDT's,freezes to the point where mouse sometimes freezes for a sec.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files that represent that scenario.

So what you're saying is i have to use the PNOT patch ? or leave SSDT's and fix the lag on another way ?

As per ACPI patching guide, PNOT patch is one such needed patch if your drop CPU related SSDTs. Must also use Clover CPU SSDT generator.

How can i apply the PNOT patch on Hotpatch method ?

The hotpatch guide is linked from the main ACPI patching guide.

@RehabMan About the PNOT that you mentioned..
on one of your guides, if im not mistaken i did see that Dropping CPU Tables is required on most/all Sandy Bridge Series since they are known to cause issues, which in my case system works really bad,lags a lot,fan feels like a truck engine.
Am i correct about dropping tables or i need extra stuff to correct that,or i just missed the PNOT Fix ?
If its jus that i missed the PNOT fix i found it:

i did find the @PNOT:
14 40 1C 50 4E 4F 54 08

change Method(_PNOT,0,S) to XNOT:
14 40 1C 58 4E 4F 54 08

Is it enough with just the rename or i should create a SSDT-PNOT like the examples from ESEL,XSEL,XWAK from the your Laptop config plist repo (Hotpatch template SSDT'S) ?

If it is required should it be like this:
Code:

{

// Disables PNOT
    Method (PNOT, 0)
    {
    // do nothing
    }
}

and is the 14 40 1C part required or starting from 50 4E 4F 54 08 is enough ?

Yes... You would need to replace the PNOT method (with an SSDT) so that calls to it can be resolved.

Of course. Problem Reporting files must represent the problem state.
Ok will upload data when the issue occurs.
Your ioreg seemed to show APFS. You can check with 'diskutil list'.
Yes you were right,when i installed i intended and thought that i choosed HFS+J but for some reasons it installed on APFS.
Doing a clean install tonight and will report back with the results related to the issues.
Not for me when I looked at it... YMMV.
Correct, i didn't need them either its working without them.
I see that the 10.11-BCM94352-CC=#a-Ramalama patch is not working,the country is showing US in the System Report > WiFi, i guess a new patch will be required in order for it to work.
No idea without "Problem Reporting" files that represent that scenario.
CPU wise: this is the most interesting thing that i want to test out,im sure it did cause issues for me while we were on Static Patching with MaciASL but knowing the fact how much i learned recently while i switched to HotPatch 50% chances are that laptop has never been " Fully " patched Correctly, Renames weren't applied on all SSDT's so i can pretty much assume it might have been the main causes.. will test this out and report back the data + results.
As per ACPI patching guide, PNOT patch is one such needed patch if your drop CPU related SSDTs. Must also use Clover CPU SSDT generator.
If lets say in case CPU related SSDTs will cause problems after we test them out:
Must also use Clover CPU SSDT generator.
Do you mean by this that even if we have the SSDT from Piker Alpha Script i will still need to do other extra Injections in Clover ?
Yes... You would need to replace the PNOT method (with an SSDT) so that calls to it can be resolved.
Is the attached "attempt" SSDT correct that i tried to create for it & how do i test if its working ? :
Open MaciASL and search on the System DSDT for PNOT and see if it returns nothing instead of the previous code ?

Here is the SSDT that i did try to create:
Code:

{

// Disables PNOT
    Method (PNOT, 0)
    {
    // do nothing
    }
}
Can you confirm if it is correct or i need to change something.

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
@RehabMan i just did a clean install i choosed HFS+J (checked 3 times) and it was HFS+J but for some reasons Public Beta 3 is not asking to Convert to APFS Anymore,Converts without Permissions
During second part setup (longest) after installation finnished & laptop rebooted,the drive was already converted to APFS....what a PITA.
Is there a way to force HFS+J during installation ?
  • created a new AppleHDA Clover Injector: inputs (microphones) showing up & audio is working perfect (Solved)
  • i removed the CpuPm and CpuOIst from DroppedTables,seems to work ok,added files to check if you can spot something wrong/missing/unnecessary.
  • VoodooPS2Controller seems to fail again at same rate,attached logs/error reporting files.

Attachments

• Error Reporting.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 94
Do you mean by this that even if we have the SSDT from Piker Alpha Script i will still need to do other extra Injections in Clover ?

Yes.

Is the attached "attempt" SSDT correct that i tried to create for it & how do i test if its working ? :
Open MaciASL and search on the System DSDT for PNOT and see if it returns nothing instead of the previous code ?

Here is the SSDT that i did try to create:
Code:

{

// Disables PNOT
    Method (PNOT, 0)
    {
    // do nothing
    }
}
Can you confirm if it is correct or i need to change something.

Thanks a lot !

You can verify your patches are doing what you expect by extracting ACPI files with patchmatic -extract.

You can verify your patches are doing what you expect by extracting ACPI files with patchmatic -extract.
Only CpuOIst is showing error on the Package (0x06) - "Remove _PSS Placeholders" patch that we used on Static Patching to fix this.
Should that patch be implemented on Hotpatch too or i should ignore it.
What about the PluginType1, i think you mentioned that it works good only on Haswell+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back