Contribute
Register

[Solved] kextd stall 'AppleACPICPU'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem. Then I took the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the system library Extensions and copied it into the EFI, Clover, kext, other folder, just to see if I could get past that kextd stall. And it worked. High Sierra completely installed. I then took the AppleACPIPlatform.kext out of the Clover folder. Hope this works for you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this and it didn't change anything again. I am kind of thinking about giving up at this point..

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. What I did in the end was reinstall clover and re-download the installation and it worked just fine.

However, the installation did not convert my 960 EVO to APFS. Any ideas why?

Did you copy apfs.efi in your clover folder prior install ?

I resolved upgrading to HS after removing my graphic card

This error for me was a damaged config.plst reverted to prior solve mine.

Solved it by installing the latest Clover with default config, then edited config manually.
All custom kexts placed in Others and deleted all the rest folders in kexts.

I had the same problem. Then I took the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the system library Extensions and copied it into the EFI, Clover, kext, other folder, just to see if I could get past that kextd stall. And it worked. High Sierra completely installed. I then took the AppleACPIPlatform.kext out of the Clover folder. Hope this works for you.

How did you do this? I’m stuck on same loop and can’t get back to Sierra. I don’t have any way to boot into macOS unless I run a virtual machine (El Capitan or older) on Windows.

USB-Installation-Stick: Mount "EVI"-File, look for "kext/Others": no kext inside or "FAKE-kext is missing. Search the kext-files you need in Internet an put them in the File. That's all to do.

A appleacpicpu-kext does not exist at all, the Installation works fine without. And be patient, Installation will take a while.

What fixed this error for me was adding FakeSMC.kext to the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back