Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel panic after switching PC off with a button

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the config that you provided and nothing changed :/
I updated my nvidia drivers using the same way as you provided.
I think NVRAM works, because Nvidia Web Driver is always set, after reboot also it is.
Try a fresh install of the Nvidia drivers.
First uninstall the NVIDIA Web Driver and the NVIDIA Driver Manager, follow the steps below:
  • Open the NVIDIA Driver Manager from the System Preferences or through the menu bar item.
  • Click on the padlock icon and enter an Administrator password.
  • Click the Open Uninstaller button.
  • Click Uninstall and then Continue Uninstallation on the Warning screen: The Warning screen lets you know that you will need to restart your system once the installation process is complete.
  • Re-enter an Administrator password and click OK. Once the NVIDIA Web Driver and NVIDIA Driver Manager have been removed from the system, click Restart.
On my system it is not necessary but you might have to boot with set Nvidia to VESA.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1)

Install the Nvidia drivers by way of nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers.

@BreBo
Thanks! Graphics works as before this whole situation. Looks like simplest solutions are the best. I didn't have to add any arguments to Clover, it worked without that.

Now I'll try to solve problem with sound, if can't find solution myself, I'll post here.

Now I'll try to solve problem with sound, if can't find solution myself, I'll post here.
Make sure you update AppleALC, if you use it.
The new updated Lilu requires a new updated AppleALC.

@BreBo
That's exactly what I did, I found a ****** post that I used about a year ago to have sound enabled: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/
and followed the steps again.

@P1LGRIM, @BreBo
You are just the best, thank you both so much for your effort and time, I am really grateful for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back