GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hello everyone,
My PC (first one from the footer) is running Sierra + Windows 10 on one HDD.
I've been using this setup since a really long time now (I started with El Capitan maybe 2 years ago and updated to Sierra a few month ago without reinstalling).

Anyway, this build worked really well without any issues (well, it's a bit slow, but probably because of my HDD, it doesn't really matter right now).

My problem is, that yesterday in the evening I turned off my PC (it was running Sierra) with a power button on the case of the computer. I already did that a few times in the past, so I didn't expect that it might break anything - turns out it did.

Today I am not able to launch macOS. WIndows runs just fine, but macOS boot verbose shows me:
IMG_0649.PNG IMG_0650.PNG IMG_0651.PNG

and then just restarts and I see Clover again.
Do you have any idea how I could fix that? Reinstalling is not the best choice for me in this period, I have many university-related things installed on this machine.

Have a good day, all of you.

Kernel panic caused by out of date Lilu.kext.

Lilu.png

I saw this message, but the last upgrade/update that I did was a few months ago (when I moved to Sierra), even yesterday it worked just fine.

I just tried booting using the pendrive that I prepared with UniBeast long time ago (when I was installing El Capitan on my machine), but with no success. The verbose boot shows different messages:
IMG_0653.jpg

I'm not even sure if that's the right thing to do, booting Sierra with pendrive that was prepared for El Capitan?

I think I should try removing Lilu.kext, as P1LGRIM pointed out, who knows, maybe for some unexplainable (well, for me at least) reason it will fix the problem. How can I actually do it? With Ubuntu from pendrive? If I do that, I'll have to format the pendrive of El Capitan boot, I don't ave another at this time.

Or maybe you would advice a different approach?

You have an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings :

Serial.png

You have an old version of Lilu.kext in :
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (or one of the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10. folders).
or /Library/Extensions/
or /System/Library/Extensions/
or cached.

Boot with -liluoff and update it along with any dependent kexts that you may have.

@P1LGRIM Thanks! It booted! I removed old lily.kext and put there the latest one.
It turned out after all that the reason of the problem is that system updated! I left my PC turned on for all day yesterday and it updated by itself unfortunately.

Now I have 2 problems - graphics acceleration does not work and sound also...
About graphics: I updated already nvidia driver: I did https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/ and also https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

In Nvidia Driver Manager "NVIDIA Web Driver is always selected", but still: there is low resolution and no acceleration. It's strange, I think I did everything what is needed... What else I could do?

About sound: I don't know, if I remember correctly I enabled sound long ago using AppleALC or something like that. I'll try to find out.

@P1LGRIM I attached my config.plist from EFI/EFI/CLOVER
Took me some time, but I was on a trip without access to my PC.

Here's my Nvidia setting:
Zrzut ekranu 2018-05-28 o 14.16.27.png

Unfortunately the only resolution I can choose is 1024x768. Also there is no hardware acceleration, display flickers on every animation.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 64
@P1LGRIM I attached my config.plist from EFI/EFI/CLOVER
Took me some time, but I was on a trip without access to my PC.

Here's my Nvidia setting:
View attachment 333237

Unfortunately the only resolution I can choose is 1024x768. Also there is no hardware acceleration, display flickers on every animation.
Make sure that your motherboard supports native NVRAM or install the appropriate drivers in Clover.
Try this : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

See if this modified config.plist makes any difference :

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 170
@P1LGRIM I tried the config that you provided and nothing changed :/

I updated my nvidia drivers using the same way as you provided.

I think NVRAM works, because Nvidia Web Driver is always set, after reboot also it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back