Contribute
Register

[Solved] It just won't work (Asus Maximus IX Hero, i7 7700K, GTX 1080TI Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX1080 TI
Hello guys. Thank you for looking at my post. I am new here and also new the Hackintosh world.

My adventure begins after I built my new PC. I installed windows and wanted to dual boot Mac OS Sierra. So I downloaded 10.12.6 from the app store, installed clover bootloader, and made a USB of Mac OS. I try booting up and after 8 seconds it Kernel Panics with the following error
image.jpg

someone, please help, and thanks!

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

I try booting up and after 8 seconds it Kernel Panics with the following error
This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary DSDT/ACPI fixes in the config.plist.
It usually happens when you use the default config provided by Clover instead of one correctly configured for your hardware.

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary DSDT/ACPI fixes in the config.plist.
It usually happens when you use the default config provided by Clover instead of one correctly configured for your hardware.
how would I edit the config.plist for my hardware?

how would i fix this? (i am new at this)
Edit your config.plist to remove any unnecessary fixes.
Use the forum Search tool to see if someone has written a guide for similar parts to your own.

Got the same hardware as you I followed the below guide and I have a working stable boot of 10.12.6. Don't need to fake CPU ID since Kaby Lake is natively supported in 10.12.6.

I have yet to get my 1080 GTX to work. Tried everything I can get my hands on. Problem 6 from Nvidia troubleshooting phase didn't work for me.

Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-z270-maximus-ix-hero-6700k-asus-gtx1070-fe.212048/
Have you started your own thread on this in the appropriate forum?

Got the same hardware as you I followed the below guide and I have a working stable boot of 10.12.6. Don't need to fake CPU ID since Kaby Lake is natively supported in 10.12.6.

I have yet to get my 1080 GTX to work. Tried everything I can get my hands on. Problem 6 from Nvidia troubleshooting phase didn't work for me.

Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-z270-maximus-ix-hero-6700k-asus-gtx1070-fe.212048/
how do you get it to boot with the 1080 in the system? do you have to take it out?

I installed the scripts as described in problem 6. Then I was able to switch to the nVidia drivers and it stick. Once Sierra started booting up I started getting a black screen. I had to enable CSM in my BIOS and then I was able to boot without any problems nVidia drivers fully loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back