Contribute
Register

[solved] Issue with RealtekRTL8100.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye, i know that FakeSMC is an essential kext and whitout it, MacOS won't boot but i wanted to know if i had to move it into /L/E and you replied to me ! Thanks ! :)

But i don't know why it must be duplicated into /L/E and into Clover/kexts/Other ?

You didn't read post #2 of the guide...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Kexts are "essential" as they are required in booting the installer or recovery partition. And the only way to get those kexts to load in those two scenarios is via injection from EFI/Clover/kexts.

Little question, what is the command to type in Terminal for see the kexts loaded ?

'sudo kextcache -i /' will show all kexts installed to the system volume that are unsigned or patched such that the signature is broken.

'sudo kextcache -i /' will show all kexts installed to the system volume that are unsigned or patched such that the signature is broken.

Ok thanks RehabMan !
All my kexts that i have moved into /L/E have an invalid signature but are allowed anyway, is it normal ?

Here my rapport_debug, my problem with RTL8100.kext persists...

Attachments

• debug_20686.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
Ok thanks RehabMan !
All my kexts that i have moved into /L/E have an invalid signature but are allowed anyway, is it normal ?

Here my rapport_debug, my problem with RTL8100.kext persists...

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

Yes, i have my kexts installed into /L/E ( RealtekRTL8100.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext ) the other kexts are temporaly into Clover/kexts/Other for anticipate potential problems of no loading kexts from /L/E.

Anyway, RealtekRTL8100.kext doesn't work properly from /L/E and Clover/kexts/Other... :confused:
I always have my issue with autosigned IP when i unplug / plug my ethernet câble... :banghead: :lol:

Yes, i have my kexts installed into /L/E ( RealtekRTL8100.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext ) the other kexts are temporaly into Clover/kexts/Other for anticipate potential problems of no loading kexts from /L/E.

Anyway, RealtekRTL8100.kext doesn't work properly from /L/E and Clover/kexts/Other... :confused:
I always have my issue with autosigned IP when i unplug / plug my ethernet câble... :banghead: :lol:

You must check for permissions as well.
See that while
kextcache -i /
You see only allowed not rejecting.

Commands to correct permission
cd /L*/E*
chmod 755 *
chown -R root:wheel *

You must check for permissions as well.
See that while
kextcache -i /
You see only allowed not rejecting.

Commands to correct permission
cd /L*/E*
chmod 755 *
chown -R root:wheel *

Yes, but my three kext loaded from /L/E are allowed since they work but RealtekRTL8100.kext doesn't work properly.. but it is loaded and it partially work..

I have no idea why you believe FakeSMC.kext is not part of the set "kexts you need".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back