Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I'm running into issues installing Yosemite 10.10.5 with my Gigabyte Nvidia GTX960. I can complete the install when the GPU is removed using the Intel Graphics, however if i try to install with the GTX960 still plugged in (even if i change bios settings to use the intel graphics) it freezes on the white screen apple logo, loading bar is about half way there when it freezes.

I have tried installing Nvidia Web drivers after installing using the intel graphics but they were not compatible with 10.10.5, I was wondering if there were any updated drivers available?

Also which bootflags and multibeast settings would be best for my build?

Thanks

Issue booting with GTX960 10.10.5

Hey, I'm running into issues installing Yosemite 10.10.5 with my Gigabyte Nvidia GTX960. I can complete the install when the GPU is removed using the Intel Graphics, however if i try to install with the GTX960 still plugged in (even if i change bios settings to use the intel graphics) it freezes on the white screen apple logo, loading bar is about half way there when it freezes.

I have tried installing Nvidia Web drivers after installing using the intel graphics but they were not compatible with 10.10.5, I was wondering if there were any updated drivers available?

Also which bootflags and multibeast settings would be best for my build?

Thanks

You must use the drivers with a GTX 960. In this post is a link to the 10.10.5 drivers. The 10.10.5 drivers no longer have the hardware checks so as long as you are running 10.10.5 then they should install. You will need to use the bootflag nvda_drv=1 to use those drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back