• Yes

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 342 92.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iMessage poll

I've read about this solution in another thread here, but with some builds this seems to need some tweaks to get back to a fully working hack.
And it changes the boot loader, so anyone trying this should do a backup before testing it.

My hack is completely stable and is used for work, so I'm still waiting for a fix less invasive from Multibeast.

By the way, if you're not using a DSDT, you just skip the .aml file operation ?

iMessage poll

I've read about this solution in another thread here, but with some builds this seems to need some tweaks to get back to a fully working hack.
And it changes the boot loader, so anyone trying this should do a backup before testing it.

My hack is completely stable and is used for work, so I'm still waiting for a fix less invasive from Multibeast.

By the way, if you're not using a DSDT, you just skip the .aml file operation ?

I use mine for work and just decided to take the plunge. I followed this guide, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MunSmBdM8 and skipped the part about DSDT. After I verified the fix I downloaded and re-installed Chimera to return my bootloader Chimera and iMessages still works. Another option would be to install Clover onto a USB drive (I was feeling less adventurous) and boot your hackintosh from that once and then just unplug it and return to Chimera.

iMessage poll

Yes, I reinstalled Chimera. I just prefer it.

iMessage poll

My method was to overwrite Chimera with Clover and once I booted using Clover to just boot into my OS and install Chimera. On the next boot I was back in Chimera land!

Another method would be to put Clover on a USB stick, boot from your USB stick and then just remove the stick and boot from your drive with Chimera on it.

iMessage poll

I didn't knew about Lizard, but bombastica's experience maid me think it was only related to serial number.
So I changed mine using Lizard, rebooted ... and nop.. still not working.

Maybe what Lizard is changing is only "cosmetic" ?

iMessage poll

Honestly, I'd just be a man and get your hands dirty. The Youtube link is pretty good 'hand holding'. This is my work machine too but I have clients text me and if they use iPhones it's nice to be able to reply using my keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back