Contribute
Register

Solved, I guess..Boot 0: gpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Boot 0: gpt

maoule said:
I only ran multibeast when I initially installed SL. I cannot get to my desktop when booting with my iboot disc. I was unable to get to my desktop using any method.
I have now re-installed SL but cannot install multibeast, because at the end of the install process, the installer restarts after a 30 second countdown. I'll do some research to see what I'm missing in that regard.
If you have re-installed and it was successful - you got to desktop after setting languages, time zone etc. and it rebooted (naturally you get a kp, right?), just boot with iBoot and launch MultiBeast and install what you need.
Just remember you need the 10.6.5 update at least for your HD5770 support with the Chameleon ATI bootloader.

OK....I've spent the last week trying to work this out. Rebooting, re-installing, multibeasting, ibooting, -v,-x (probably re-installed OSX 10-15 times). After getting the system to boot and restoring from backup, the audio wouldn't work and after futzing with that, the system wouldn't boot w/o iboot.
The long story short is the combination of os 10.6.7 and the contents of my hard drive don't play well together. I stopped at os 10.6.6 and used migration assistant to restore incrementally. Everything seems to be working as before.
My question: What should I look for that is causing the conflicts? OS 10.6.7 was working fine prior. My thought is that something in S/L/E is the cause. Any ideas?

maoule said:
OK....I've spent the last week trying to work this out. Rebooting, re-installing, multibeasting, ibooting, -v,-x (probably re-installed OSX 10-15 times). After getting the system to boot and restoring from backup, the audio wouldn't work and after futzing with that, the system wouldn't boot w/o iboot.
The long story short is the combination of os 10.6.7 and the contents of my hard drive don't play well together. I stopped at os 10.6.6 and used migration assistant to restore incrementally. Everything seems to be working as before.
My question: What should I look for that is causing the conflicts? OS 10.6.7 was working fine prior. My thought is that something in S/L/E is the cause. Any ideas?
Are you using any of the sleep kexts? they are version specific, so delete the sleep kext first, then udpate and reboot.
Add sleep kext for new version to /E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back