Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello the Board,
I need some help. This morning when my computer started up on schedule, this is what was on the screen:photo.JPG I've tried rebooting many times to no avail. What exactly is going on? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 189
Re: Boot 0: gpt

maoule said:
Hello the Board,
I need some help. This morning when my computer started up on schedule, this is what was on the screen:photo.JPG I've tried rebooting many times to no avail. What exactly is going on? Thanks in advance.
It looks like something has happened to your /boot file.
Try booting to desktop with iBoot and re-installing the chameleon ATI bootloader with MultiBeast.
Repair permissions, rebuild caches and reboot without iBoot and see if you can get back to desktop.

Sorry for taking so long to get back... I gave my usb keyboard away and had to get another.
When I boot into iboot and select either iboot or OSX, I get the kernal panic every time. I am able to load the install disc but haven't tried re-installing the system yet. What next?

maoule said:
Sorry for taking so long to get back... I gave my usb keyboard away and had to get another.
When I boot into iboot and select either iboot or OSX, I get the kernal panic every time. I am able to load the install disc but haven't tried re-installing the system yet. What next?
Can you boot to chameleon screen with iBoot and select your OS HD and get to desktop?

Yes I get to Chameleon but no, every time I select the OSX hdd, it goes to KP. The last picture I posted was the verbose of that particular panic.
I did try to restore from backup and got a message to the effect that it wasn't possible because the backup was from a different Mac.

maoule said:
Yes I get to Chameleon but no, every time I select the OSX hdd, it goes to KP. The last picture I posted was the verbose of that particular panic.
I did try to restore from backup and got a message to the effect that it wasn't possible because the backup was from a different Mac.
That is why I prefer a cloned drive to a TM backup. I don't suppose you cloned your HD somewhere and can get to the desktop off of the clone and get rid of evoreboot kext file? From what I can read of your KP that is what is causing it.
Why do you have evoreboot in /E anyway? Aren't you using a DSDT?

I am using a dsdt; not sure how there's a evoreboot in the /E.
No, unfortunately no clone. I don't guess I would be able to from time machine hdd would I? I have re-installed SL, but at the end of the install, the screen says successfully installed (green checkmark) and restarts in 30 secs. with the same boot 1: /boot done result. No option to go to the multibeast. Am I doing something wrong or out of sequence?
Thanks for your patience!!

maoule said:
I am using a dsdt; not sure how there's a evoreboot in the /E.
No, unfortunately no clone. I don't guess I would be able to from time machine hdd would I? I have re-installed SL, but at the end of the install, the screen says successfully installed (green checkmark) and restarts in 30 secs. with the same boot 1: /boot done result. No option to go to the multibeast. Am I doing something wrong or out of sequence?
Thanks for your patience!!
Very easy - if you ever ran MultiBeast and selected EasyBeast it was installed in /Extra along with all the other things EasyBeast installs there.

Can you get to desktop booting with iBoot or iBoot Legacy?

I only ran multibeast when I initially installed SL. I cannot get to my desktop when booting with my iboot disc. I was unable to get to my desktop using any method.
I have now re-installed SL but cannot install multibeast, because at the end of the install process, the installer restarts after a 30 second countdown. I'll do some research to see what I'm missing in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back