Contribute
Register

[Solved] HP Pavilion dv7 4290US Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes 5mb :(
But all the others work flawless and fast except gpu, mouse and track are ok now.
Its funny because i have the graphic card kext that works but no internal signal. I would find the way!!

Watch out for the cpus=1 flag on boot, it will really keep the processor capped to 1 core through usage.

If your BIOS has the ability to enable HD3000, you should do that...

Unfortunately there's basically no options available on BIOS, maybe there's a custom one we could try, but I'm really affraid of going that deep haha

If your BIOS has the ability to enable HD3000, you should do that...
No it does not have that, do you know what file i can get from osx to enable the gpu card again the kext from ati fir the internsl screen?
With amd hd5000 and hd6000 it works the internal screen but no acceleration.

No it does not have that, do you know what file i can get from osx to enable the gpu card again the kext from ati fir the internsl screen?
With amd hd5000 and hd6000 it works the internal screen but no acceleration.

The kext for AMD/Radeon is already provided from the OS X installer.

It is a matter of configuring it correctly... (you have research to do)

Pretty sure this link has already been provided, but here it is again...

AMD Radeon/ATI graphics card info:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/174-ati/

I dont have problem with ati driver, till now all works perfect cpu ram battery pad ketboard soundAnd the card reader also.Even geekbench 2 score is 9600. My only problem is when i enable the gpu i have only display to hdmi and to vga with external monitors. Mirror or extended display. No signal to internal laptop screen. When i remove from extension amd hd5000 and hd6000 i have signal but no full acceleration speed.
Take a llok to the screen shot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 192
I dont have problem with ati driver, till now all works perfect cpu ram battery pad ketboard soundAnd the card reader also.Even geekbench 2 score is 9600. My only problem is when i enable the gpu i have only display to hdmi and to vga with external monitors. Mirror or extended display. No signal to internal laptop screen. When i remove from extension amd hd5000 and hd6000 i have signal but no full acceleration speed.
Take a llok to the screen shot.

The problem is you have not configured the driver correctly. Read up on ATI personalities...

I know something is wrong thats why i am asking you or somebody else for help, i saw the link but i can figure it out how, any help or tip??

I know something is wrong thats why i am asking you or somebody else for help, i saw the link but i can figure it out how, any help or tip??

From previous post: "Read up on ATI personalities..."

So far we have established that it isn't possible to disable dedicated graphics via dsdt patching. Rehab, you're saying it might be possible to use it as the driver for the built-in display?

Rehab, you're saying it might be possible to use it as the driver for the built-in display?

With the correct configuration, yes (possible).

With the correct configuration, yes (possible).

Nice! Thanks man. I'm fighting against some instability problem I'm running into, so this is getting my spare time by now, but I'm definitely going to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back