i7 7700HQ
Graphics
(Optimus) Intel HD 630/Nvidia GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've been trying to install El Cap on my HP laptop.

Currently I'm getting a 'P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 35 in context 2 on CPU 0'

The stack trace by the end of the terminal output begins with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin as what seems to be a 'caused by' exception.

Following the guide, I was able to not have that error by using the second DropTables, DropOem and setting Generate to True, but a user on freenode hackintosh channel said that it could be fixed by DSDT patching.

Should I try to patch it prior to installation? (for what I've read it seemed more like a post-installation thing)

Anyway, by using the Second DropTables, DropOem and Generates, the screen goes black after some warning/error messages followed by 'DSMOS has arrived'

View media item 187223
Any help appreciated. :)

Hi,

I've been trying to install El Cap on my HP laptop.

Currently I'm getting a 'P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 35 in context 2 on CPU 0'

The stack trace by the end of the terminal output begins with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin as what seems to be a 'caused by' exception.

Following the guide, I was able to not have that error by using the second DropTables, DropOem and setting Generate to True, but a user on freenode hackintosh channel said that it could be fixed by DSDT patching.

Should I try to patch it prior to installation? (for what I've read it seemed more like a post-installation thing)

Anyway, by using the Second DropTables, DropOem and Generates, the screen goes black after some warning/error messages followed by 'DSMOS has arrived'

View media item 187223
Any help appreciated. :)

See guide regarding alternate DropTables...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Should I check each entry on the second DropTables? I did rename to use it and was still getting some error, then I went for DropOem and Generate, the screenshot is after I've chosen the most aggressive approach, or am I missing something?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

here they go

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 18.37.21.png

Attachments

• efi_clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
You probably need to inject EDID (read Clover docs on InjectEDID/CustomEDID).
An external (HDMI) monitor can also be useful in debugging.

I did set InjectEDID to true, but CustomEDID seemed weird, so I found a way to extract EDID data on windows and decided to try plugging the monitor (without setting CustomEDID) and it got to the installation!!!

Now I got through the installation, ended up with a gray screen, so I went to Apple>Restart and got into Clover again, but it seems clover isn't recognizing the drive I installed OSX into.

I think it is because this drive is sitting on a HDD Caddy that's replacing the Disk Drive, so I'll swap some drives around to see if it works.

So, I tried on 2 positions and no luck. At the 3rd trial, the setup kinda changed and didn't ask for language nor showed options for DiskUtility, going straight to "click continue to install", which is strange (The Disk Utility and the other options are available on a menu though).

Still, now I'm not being able to install. It starts then says: "No packages were eligible for install. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

Does a successful install changes something on the installer?

(My machine isn't conected to the internet)

Turns out I wasn't paying enough attention to the screen, which got seemingly stuck on a "About a second remaining" message. Other people on Google were saying it was fine, that it'd eventually go though.

But it turns out there's a kill message f#&king it all up.
(Bear with me, photo is a little shaky, looks like there was some more stuff after that)

I do currently have only 4gb of RAM on this computer, is it not enough?

Attachments

• IMG_20160729_131707863.jpg
    IMG_20160729_131707863.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 163
After trying some times, it finally installed!

Thank you very much, RehabMan! I guess I'm halfway through now haha

You should really include the monitor trick to the guide (if it isn't already and I was too blind to see it!)

To whom it may concern, these other HP laptops use the same motherbord and I guess would be hackable:

Code:
HP PAVILION DV7-4290US NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-4292NR NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-4294NR NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-4295US NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-4296NR NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-4297CL NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-5001TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5001XX NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-5002TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5003TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5004TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5005TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5006TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5007TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5008TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5009TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5010TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5011TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5012TX NB PC
HP PAVILION DV7-5070CA NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7-5094CA NOTEBOOK
HP PAVILION DV7T-5000 NOTEBOOK

(Edit: English, mother****er, do you speak it?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back