Contribute
Register

[Solved] HP Pavilion dv7 4290US Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i have the same laptop, i installed el capitan all working perfect except internal screen, mouse pad and keyboard.
I have signal to hdmi and vga plug even together us mirror pt 2 screens. I tried custom edid file with no luck.
Please help!!!

Hello i have the same laptop, i installed el capitan all working perfect except internal screen, mouse pad and keyboard.
I have signal to hdmi and vga plug even together us mirror pt 2 screens. I tried custom edid file with no luck.
Please help!!!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I enter the model and spec of the laptop.
I tried all the voodoops2 kexts that i found and i inject edid text to custom edid to configuratoer on both config plist files. Efi andefi folder. Boots normally goes fast! But no internal screen, keyboard and pad :(

I enter the model and spec of the laptop.
I tried all the voodoops2 kexts that i found and i inject edid text to custom edid to configuratoer on both config plist files. Efi andefi folder. Boots normally goes fast! But no internal screen, keyboard and pad :(

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

I have windows in this laptop, tell the program that i need and i will expand any file that could be able to help me. Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!!

hello,
here what you asked i hope that helps!!
thanks

Attachments

• lpci.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 137
I searched evething regarding edid files inject to make the laptop screen to work, no luck with custom etc.
The gpu is working correct.
Look the screen shot.
I need help with the edid file see the second photo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 136
Edid settings in clover

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back