Contribute
Register

[Solved] How do I make a drive bootable into Clover on non-UEFI system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
How do I make a drive bootable into Clover on a BIOS (non-UEFI) system?

I have a very old P7P55D-E PRO system that works with High Sierra on a hard drive (formatted as a GUID Partition Map) with the latest Clover (installed in Legacy Mode, because this is not a UEFI system).

I added an SSD, formatted it as APFS with a GUID Partition Map, copied the contents of the hard drive's EFI partition to the SSD's EFI partition, then tried to reboot from the SSD. It immediately gives me a black screen with a flashing cursor and stops there.

I used SuperDuper! to clone my hard drive to the SSD, and now I can boot from the hard drive's Clover into the SSD's macOS. I tried running MultiBeast to install Clover (in Legacy Mode) to the SSD again, but I still can't boot from the SSD.

I don't think I need to do anything to "bless" the drive, right? And a BIOS system should be able to boot from a GPT drive, because that's working with my hard drive. I don't remember what additional steps are needed to make it work - I thought that installing Clover in legacy mode would do something with the boot blocks, but apparently it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back