Contribute
Register

[solved] high sierra,the laptop restart after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find it on my DSDT. It may be because my bios have bug or pmee is gone after modding my bios.

It is not surprising that older laptops may not define PMEE in XHC PCI_Config.
In that case you can just add it as you have (no need to give it a different name).

Thank you so much! I finally solve all the problems of hotpatching my x230.
You are more than an expert.

Thank you so much! I finally solve all the problems of hotpatching my x230.
You are more than an expert.

Marking this thread a solved.

Recently I just realized that PMEE fix will be broken after wake from sleep. Seems that PMEE register has gone after wake from sleep. Kindly help!

Attachments

• debug_17021.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
Recently I just realized that PMEE fix will be broken after wake from sleep. Seems that PMEE register has gone after wake from sleep. Kindly help!

You will need to describe the problem in detail.

You will need to describe the problem in detail.
Hi RehabMan,

Sorry! I think I should upload the before and after scenario debug information.

As per your previous explanation, my DSDT is missing PMEE definition, so I have to define it in my SSDT-X230-PTS.aml myself. Everything looked good and problem was solved in the first place.

Scenario 1,
After system booted up, I can shutdown High Sierra normally with USB3 pendrive plugged-in.

Scenario 2,
After system booted up, either putting the machine on sleep from menu or from timeout, when I wake the system up by pressing the power button, it wake normally. However, if I shutdown the system, system will reboot instead of shutdown with USB3 pendrive plugged-in.

Not sure what problem is.

Attachments

• debug_12633_before_sleep.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • debug_5890_after_sleep.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Hi RehabMan,

Sorry! I think I should upload the before and after scenario debug information.

As per your previous explanation, my DSDT is missing PMEE definition, so I have to define it in my SSDT-X230-PTS.aml myself. Everything looked good and problem was solved in the first place.

Scenario 1,
After system booted up, I can shutdown High Sierra normally with USB3 pendrive plugged-in.

Scenario 2,
After system booted up, either putting the machine on sleep from menu or from timeout, when I wake the system up by pressing the power button, it wake normally. However, if I shutdown the system, system will reboot instead of shutdown with USB3 pendrive plugged-in.

Not sure what problem is.

What about if you remove all USB devices prior to the shutdown?

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have done 3 more tests today:

• System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (but still plugged-in)->perform Shutdown->but reboot
  • System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (unplugged USB3)->perform Shutdown->shut down as expected
  • System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (unplugged USB3)->replugged in USB3->perform Shutdown->shut down as expected

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I have done 3 more tests today:

• System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (but still plugged-in)->perform Shutdown->but reboot
  • System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (unplugged USB3)->perform Shutdown->shut down as expected
  • System booted up->Sleep->wake from sleep->Eject USB3 from Desktop (unplugged USB3)->replugged in USB3->perform Shutdown->shut down as expected

It is a common problem. No known fix. Workaround is easy: Remove USB devices before shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back