Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X 5UD TH
CPU
Intel i7, 4770K 4.0Ghz
Graphics
Asus, R9 290X
I have installed the latest Hwsensors 6.16.1372 and then have placed the Fakesmc.kext in folder named "10.13" from "Other" (Is that where it is suppose to be btw?). As a last result I've installed Intel Power Gadget. None of these made the CPU temp sensors appear.

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks!

I have installed the latest Hwsensors 6.16.1372
Your Hwsensors are outdated, get the latest ones and try again. I am using the ones from RehabMan's repo version 6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765 they should do the trick.

Your Hwsensors are outdated, get the latest ones and try again. I am using the ones from RehabMan's repo version 6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765 they should do the trick.

Hey thats for the info man. However I am having hard time finding the installation on google. Can you maybe provide me a link to download?

Sort of a rookie question but just to be sure do i put all the FakeSMC.kexts in the "10.13" folder in EFI? or install them to S/L/E or L/E ?
The choice is yours, one or the other, preferably not both. However if you install in both ensure that kext inject is set to "Detect" in Clover. Placing FakeSMC.kexts in Clover allows you to login via your "Recovery HD" partition, if you have one. However don't install to /S/L/E because that is for "Apple stuff", /L/E is the placeholder for non "Apple stuff" making management of your system easier in the long run.

The choice is yours, one or the other, preferably not both. However if you install in both ensure that kext inject is set to "Detect" in Clover. Placing FakeSMC.kexts in Clover allows you to login via your "Recovery HD" partition, if you have one. However don't install to /S/L/E because that is for "Apple stuff", /L/E is the placeholder for non "Apple stuff" making management of your system easier in the long run.

Ok, thats great; it worked! First I placed them in the EFI clover kext folder but that didn't really do the trick, so Ive installed them in L/E. And it is golden!

Now on another matter, since you've mentioned it, since the Fakesmc.kext didn't really do the trick in Clover kext folder, would I not be able to get to the Recovery partition? In that case what should I do to activate the fakesmc in the clover EFI? :)

Thank you so much!

Ok, thats great; it worked! First I placed them in the EFI clover kext folder but that didn't really do the trick, so Ive installed them in L/E. And it is golden!

Now on another matter, since you've mentioned it, since the Fakesmc.kext didn't really do the trick in Clover kext folder, would I not be able to get to the Recovery partition? In that case what should I do to activate the fakesmc in the clover EFI? :)

Thank you so much!
First investigate/experiment why fakesmc and all its siblings don't want to work from within Clover .../other and then we can take this one step further. OH I just noticed, the EFI kext folder is out of bounds, use the EFI Clover/.../other folder instead.

Copied kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13
Copied HWMonitor app to Applications folder

In Clover Configurator in the System Parameters tab, I have set the Inject Kexts to Yes.

All sensors are showing up now in HWMonitor.

Confused. I installed the FakeSMC also, is this bad?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back