Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] High Sierra Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.
You will get good at New Install with these repeated attempts:) .
If you can go on taking Pictures of BIOS and Boot Screens and Screen Captures from High Sierra Desktop, you can create your Own GUIDE for your System!
Good luck with the new install.
I reinstalled High Sierra, everything goes OK. Then, I installed driver with MultiBeast and Nviidia web driver. Everything goes OK, graphics and Ethernet. Then, I reboot (after web driver installation) and everything goes except Ethernet (which first worked instead ):cry::cry::cry::cry:. Anyway I upload you the Clover folder in EFI partition.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
I reinstalled High Sierra, everything goes OK. Then, I installed driver with MultiBeast and Nviidia web driver. Everything goes OK, graphics and Ethernet. Then, I reboot (after web driver installation) and everything goes except Ethernet (which first worked instead ):cry::cry::cry::cry:. Anyway I upload you the Clover folder in EFI partition.
Then, I reboot (after web driver installation) and everything goes except Ethernet (which first worked instead )
  • After reboot, are you getting full acceleration (Quartz Extreme & Core Image)? Did you mean everything goes OK or everything goes haywire in the above quoted sentence. I am a little confused. From your CLOVER, I don't expect your Graphics to be OK.
  • There is no Ethernet kext in "Other" and I am not sure if you have it in L/E
  • Your CLOVER/kexts/Other have Empty folders -all of them empty!.
    • You need to have FakeSMC.kext, Ethernet.kext and for your Nvidia Lilu and Nvidia Graphics FixUp.kext
      • I presume these kexts would have been installed by Multibeast 10 in /Library/Extensions and that could give you good graphics.
      • If you had uploaded the Screen Capture image of Apple>About This Mac> System Report...>Hardware> Graphics and Displays , I would not have asked the question.
  • Please upload Screen Capture images of Apple>About This Mac> System Report...>Hardware> Ethernet Cards

to verify if you have Ethernet.kext installed
  • Please upload screen capture image of System Preferences> Network to check if it is just a Network problem from configuration.
  • Your /CLOVER/ config.plist has many deficiencies from the perspective of your NVIDIA Graphics.
  • Similarly If you are using Intel HD, the config.plist and kexts/Other are NOT properly setup.

Last edited:
  • After reboot, are you getting full acceleration (Quartz Extreme & Core Image)? Did you mean everything goes OK or everything goes haywire in the above quoted sentence. I am a little confused. From your CLOVER, I don't expect your Graphics to be OK.
    • You need to have FakeSMC.kext, Ethernet.kext and for your Nvidia Lilu and Nvidia Graphics FixUp.kext
      • I presume these kexts would have been installed by Multibeast 10 in /Library/Extensions and that could give you good graphics.
      • If you had uploaded the Screen Capture image of Apple>About This Mac> System Report...>Hardware> Graphics and Displays , I would not have asked the question.
  • Please upload Screen Capture images of Apple>About This Mac> System Report...>Hardware> Ethernet Cards
  • Please upload screen capture image of System Preferences> Network to check if it is just a Network problem from configuration.
  • Your /CLOVER/ config.plist has many deficiencies from the perspective of your NVIDIA Graphics.
  • Similarly If you are using Intel HD, the config.plist and kexts/Other are NOT properly setup.
Yes i have kext installed in library/extension .

Attachments

• 1510357580137481734623.jpg
    1510357580137481734623.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 15103576206561933808147.jpg
    15103576206561933808147.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 70
  • 15103576442771119880151.jpg
    15103576442771119880151.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 59
What is It? What i have to do? Thanks
  • Upload Screen Capture images of System Reports>Graphics & Displays
  • Upload Screen Capture image of System Reports>Ethernet cards
Thank you!:) Great response!:)

You need to install Rehabman's Intel Mause ethernet kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/
Use kext Utility or Kext Wizard to install the IntelMauseEthernetkext downloaded.
Reboot
Check System Report>Ethernet cards and System Reports Network
Post for problems.
It is good to fill the CLOVER /kexts/Other and remove numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13.
It is better to edit config.plist properly.

Attachments

• 1.kexts:Other_EMPTY.png
    1.kexts:Other_EMPTY.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Rt Variables .png
    Rt Variables .png
    141.2 KB · Views: 74
  • System Parameters for NVIDIA.png
    System Parameters for NVIDIA.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 63
  • configplist_Graphics Uncheck Inject Intel for NVIDIA to work OK.png
    configplist_Graphics Uncheck Inject Intel for NVIDIA to work OK.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 64

You need to install Rehabman's Intel Mause ethernet kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/
Use kext Utility or Kext Wizard to install the IntelMauseEthernetkext downloaded.
Reboot
Post for problems.
It is good to fill the CLOVER /kexts/Other and remove numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13.
Ok now i do It. I have to remove Ethernet kext and fake smc kext from library extension and leave It only in Clover/kext/other? Can you help me to correct setup config plist? I don't know What to do...

Reboot
Post for problems.
i have moved realtekrtl8111.kext from library/extension to clover/kext/other and ethernet goes.. I have to install anyway Rehabman's mause ethernet kext?

Ok now i do It. I have to remove Ethernet kext and fake smc kext from library extension and leave It only in Clover/kext/other? Can you help me to correct setup config plist? I don't know What to do...
  • You can have the kexts in /L/E DON't REMOVE/DELETE kexts from there.
  • You can copy FakeSMC.kext from L/E to kexts/Other.
  • Do you have the RIGHT Ethernet.kext in /L/E
  • Ethernet.kext goes in /S/L/E too with Kext Wizard.
  • Kext Utility /Kextwizard or Multibest's Drivers utility DOES not install kexts inside /Other folder.
    • You got to manually copy and Paste needed kexts in /Other folder

• You can have the kexts in /L/E DON't REMOVE/DELETE kexts from there.
  • You can copy FakeSMC.kext from L/E to kexts/Other.
  • Do you have the RIGHT Ethernet.kext in /L/E
  • Ethernet.kext goes in /S/L/E too with Kext Wizard.
  • Kext Utility /Kextwizard or Multibest's Drivers utility DOES not install kexts inside /Other folder.
    • You got to manually copy and Paste needed kexts in /Other folder
So i have to copy Also fakesmc, lilu, ethernet and nvdiagraphicsfixup kext in S/L/E ? ( I installed them manually, without kext wizard )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back