Contribute
Register

[Solved] HELP!!! SSD not visible on initial boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700k LGA1151
Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 SSC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've used the exact steps on the Installation Guide and am at the initial boot up screen. When I get to the point where I need to run Disk Utility to format the SSD, I ONLY show the USB flash drive. My Samsung 500gb SSD is not showing up.

Steps taken to remedy:
  • changed the SSD cable to different ports on ASUS Maximus IX Hero Mobo (no success)
  • removed SSD from Hackintosh build and formatted it on my MacBook Pro (using same steps outlined in the Installation Guide at initial boot up...naming the SSD "Sierra" and again, naming it "Mac OS X". (no success)
  • set BIOS setting as instructed in the Installation Guide
    • note - I can't locate "7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it" in the BIOS screen to see if I have an IO SerialPort to disable
  • Reformatted the USB drive, making sure to ONLY include the exact files listed. I've been careful to make sure not to miss any steps on this.
It's worth noting that I've failed on this project multiple times and had to start over at least 4-5 times, due to panic errors, stop signs on booting, etc. And I've reformatted the SSD from my MacBook Pro (running Sierra 10.12.6) a couple times as well. But as of last night, now the SSD does not show up on the Hackintosh. It is visible on the MacBook Pro every time...but won't show up on the Hackintosh.

All of my hardware specs are in my bio.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6979.JPG
    IMG_6979.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 172
Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

It does not.

HA! I fully agree! I have checked all of the cabling...unplugged it all and plugged it back in. I've moved the Mobo cable to each of the ports on the Mobo and still have no luck.

HA! I fully agree! I have checked all of the cabling...unplugged it all and plugged it back in. I've moved the Mobo cable to each of the ports on the Mobo and still have no luck.
Then some part of the process must be defective.

I've moved the Mobo cable to each of the ports on the Mobo and still have no luck
What about the power connector from the PSU ?

I'm an idiot! You're a genius! I'm dumb! You're smart!
I couldn't see the forest because of the trees!

In all of my moving and "trouble shooting", the case's built in SSD cable came unplugged from the power supply cable!

Thank you! Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back