Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Help!!! No Audio after upgrading to 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, found a solution for the USB problem. Now back to the audio problem.

Gonna try this from Tony:

It's ok to use VoodooHDA if it works for you- although the LegacyHDA + AppleHDA is more of a vanilla solution, expecially for those lucky enough to have the 889a chip. So many paths to get to the same place

Hopefully it works.

Okay, gonna have to shut this down to prepare for work tomorrow. Another day without success.

Until tomorrow.

Maybe I will have continuous audio.

P.S. Tony's solution did not work for me. I gonna keep trying.

Can you check to see if you have any incorrect audio kexts in /Extra/Extensions ?
Reinstalling will overwrite the same kexts but does not remove any that may have been installed incorrectly. Delete any audio kexts there ALCXXXX.kext and also delete /System/Libraries/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext as well and then reinstall the correct ALC889a kexts (and run System Utilities):
Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 08.53.18.png
I believe you said you were not using a DSDT, so you'll need the HDAEnabler too as MacMan suggested earlier. Nothing new suggested here on the installation front, but I'm thinking perhaps you might have an extra audio kext or two from all the attempts at fixing it.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 08.53.18.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-09 at 08.53.18.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 132
I thought the same thing while I was at work today and decided to start all over again today.

Any suggestions?

I thought I would follow MacMan's solution once again and hope I could get more than 1 day of audio.

With your board, it should be a walk in the park to get it working...

My suggestion:
1) Download the DSDT for F9,
2) Put it on your desktop as DSDT.aml
3) Rename your /Extra to /Extra.old
4) Delete /System/Libraries/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
5) Run Multibeast 2.0.0 with the following options:
GA-P55M-UD4 Multibeast20.png
6) Reboot, and it should be fine...

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Attachments

• GA-P55M-UD4 Multibeast20.png
    GA-P55M-UD4 Multibeast20.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 162
Well if I lose my audio tomorrow I will try your solution.

I'm new at this, what do 64-Verbose do? Does it make SL boot in 64 bit mode? The last time I used it my system locked up and kept asking me to do a hard reboot.

rkwallace said:
Well if I lose my audio tomorrow I will try your solution.
Fair enough ;)

rkwallace said:
I'm new at this, what do 64-Verbose do? Does it make SL boot in 64 bit mode?
Yep, and in addition, dumps to the screen a log of what it's doing...

rkwallace said:
The last time I used it my system locked up and kept asking me to do a hard reboot.
Hmmm.... Weird... :crazy:

Edit: Could be your video card ?
I just read in viewtopic.php?p=20392#p20392 that "Apple removed support for NVIDIA 7xxx cards in 10.6.2."
So... How does it work for you ?

Ok, home from work and no audio. I'm gonna try your solution minus the 64-Verbose. I will wait until I buy a new graphics card this weekend.

No sound! However I'm not sure I'm using DSDT.aml correctly. I followed the directions in the youtube video posted and after clicking UserDSDT it shows next to click the DSDT.aml on the desktop and then select the other options. In my case when I click DSDT.aml I get this message "There is no default application specified to open the document "DSDT.aml".

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there anyway I could just use EasyBeast Supported CPU instead?

P.S. Took a look at your rig, that is one hellava CPU Cooler. Other than that, I plan on purchasing a EVGA 9800GT so our systems should be identical. Other than being a noob I wonder why I'm having so many problems with the sound after upgrading to 10.6.3?

Man, after over 20yrs of Windows experience this is taking me through a loop. But, I refuse to let it beat me down.

Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back