i5-10600
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 Motherboard with firmware F9. I used Tony's installation method of iBoot Supported, install with SL Upgrade Disk, and MultiBeast 2.0. Prior to upgrading I had audio however afterwards, no audio.

First of all I used many suggestions on this forum to no avail. I did my research first and afterwards had to restage my hackintosh because of adding and deleting kexts.

I'm new to the Apple community so please be specific if you can help. I'm a proficient Windows guy who has seen the light so be easy on me.

Thanks in advance for whatever help rendered.

Re: Help!!! No Audio after upgrading to 10.6.3

rkwallace said:
I have a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 Motherboard with firmware F9. I used Tony's installation method of iBoot Supported, install with SL Upgrade Disk, and MultiBeast 2.0. Prior to upgrading I had audio however afterwards, no audio.

First of all I used many suggestions on this forum to no avail. I did my research first and afterwards had to restage my hackintosh because of adding and deleting kexts.

I'm new to the Apple community so please be specific if you can help. I'm a proficient Windows guy who has seen the light so be easy on me.

Thanks in advance for whatever help rendered.
How did you get a working solution prior to upgrading? What did you upgrade, OSX or MultiBeast? If it was MultiBeast, what options did you choose?

The audio just worked when I did my initial install of SL. When it restarted and I saw the Welcome Screen I had audio.

First I installed OSX 10.6.3 and ran MultiBeast 2.0 without rebooting, then:

The only options I used in MultiBeast 2.0 was Easy Beast for Supported CPU and System Utilities to Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions.

I then rebooted and "Poof" End of Audio.

I see you provided this advice for another member:

MacMan wrote:
FYI, in 10.6.3 Apple modified AppleHDA to removes support for some Realtek ALC88x codecs. You can replace the 10.6.3 AppleHDA driver with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA driver and continue to use Legacy88xHDA.

I tried this earlier and it didn't work for me.

rkwallace said:
The audio just worked when I did my initial install of SL. When it restarted and I saw the Welcome Screen I had audio.

First I installed OSX 10.6.3 and ran MultiBeast 2.0 without rebooting, then:

The only options I used in MultiBeast 2.0 was Easy Beast for Supported CPU and System Utilities to Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions.

I then rebooted and "Poof" End of Audio.

I see you provided this advice for another member:

MacMan wrote:
FYI, in 10.6.3 Apple modified AppleHDA to removes support for some Realtek ALC88x codecs. You can replace the 10.6.3 AppleHDA driver with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA driver and continue to use Legacy88xHDA.

I tried this earlier and it didn't work for me.
iBoot contains audio drivers but Easy Beast for Supported CPU doesn't.

In MultiBeast select the following:

System Utilities
Advanced Options -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC885/ALC889a
Advanced Options -> Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> HDAEnabler -> ALC885/ALC889a (since you are not using a DSDT).

Reboot and you are done.

MAC MAN U R THE MAN!!!!

I have audio :)

I have only one other problem and my Hackintosh is complete. I had the same problem with my ASUS EAH4870 Display Card. It worked until I upgraded and now I get a black screen whenever I boot up. I had to put my old NVDIA Card back into my rig.

First of all do you think I should continue this thread or make a new one?

UNSOLVED!!!

Logged on my computer and no audio again!!

UGH :(

Ok, got a couple of ideas I'm gonna try when I get home from work. I hope they work out.

rkwallace said:
UNSOLVED!!!

Logged on my computer and no audio again!!

UGH

For the last couple of weeks, (since I moved to the F10 BIOS) my audio has been really sporadic. I log on and no audio (no output devices available in Sound), so I reinstall voodoohda using multibeast, restart and it works fine again until the next day or so and it happens again. Reinstall and it's fine for a day or so... :banghead:

Pathetic, really, but I've gotten used to this - I haven't had time to try to diagnose. I'm using an audio card (Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro), so I use voodoo instead of the usual 889 codec. I just tried disabling audio on the board in the BIOS hoping that might help.

I also keep losing sound in Win7 and have to reinstall the SoundBlaster drivers.

Re: UNSOLVED Help!!! No Audio after upgrading to 10.6.3

Restaged my computer and the audio worked again yesterday. Today nothing! Gonna do some more research on this forum.

Also have a problem with no USB, so I have my work cut out for me.

It sucks being a NOOB, but as they say, this isn't for the faint of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back