Contribute
Register

[solved] [HELP] Hp elite book 8460p el Capitan audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you have an EliteBook 8x60, then everything (ioreg/ACPI/config.plist) looks fine. Perhaps you didn't rebuild cache as per guide "Known Problems", "Audio".
One thing to note when I boot without caches(-f) it starts but when I reboot it and rebuild cache and reboot it has a kernel panic so I boot with safe mode rebuild cache again and it boot still with no audio

Booted up with -f (without cache) rebuilt cache rebooted at least twice but still no audio it shows in the system information.View attachment 224143

Audio not expected after only booting without cache.
You must:
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot

One thing to note when I boot without caches(-f) it starts but when I reboot it and rebuild cache and reboot it has a kernel panic so I boot with safe mode rebuild cache again and it boot still with no audio

KP not normal. Indicates a mistake. Post photo.

Audio not expected after only booting without cache.
You must:
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot

KP not normal. Indicates a mistake. Post photo.

image.jpg This is what happens after cache rebuild

Unfortunately, no useful information in that panic.
Maybe there were errors during the cache rebuild?
I used the command in terminal
touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -f -update-volume /

and a application called kext utility no errors I have no idea what's going on

I used the command in terminal
touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -f -update-volume /

and a application called kext utility no errors I have no idea what's going on

Correct way to rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Or a shortcut on 10.11+:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Correct way to rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Or a shortcut on 10.11+:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

image.jpg IMG_0327.JPG Ok used the correct way and it's booting regularly again but still no sound should the rebuild of the cache command not have AppleHDA.kext

View attachment 224157 View attachment 224158 Ok used the correct way and it's booting regularly again but still no sound should the rebuild of the cache command not have AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext should appear in the kextcache output (because the .zml.zlib files there break the signature).
If it is not appearing, two possibilities:
- .zml.zlib files not installed (AppleHDA is 100% vanilla, therefore not showing in kextcache output)
- AppleHDA.kext is not loading (you failed to boot without caches and rebuild cache soon enough)

AppleHDA.kext should appear in the kextcache output (because the .zml.zlib files there break the signature).
If it is not appearing, two possibilities:
- .zml.zlib files not installed (AppleHDA is 100% vanilla, therefore not showing in kextcache output)
- AppleHDA.kext is not loading (you failed to boot without caches and rebuild cache soon enough)
I installed a vanilla AppleHDA.kext should the config.plist not patch it

I installed a vanilla AppleHDA.kext should the config.plist not patch it

Provided you rebuild cache correctly, and have the correct patches in config.plist.
Must boot without caches and rebuild cache as per guide post #1, "Known Problems" "Audio".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back